What is the most satisfying subwoofer you have ever owned?

Can't decide on a fav so here's a few: (no particular order)

JL 12w6 old school :very transparent and got low in small sealed boxes, also took double rated power

JL 12w6v2: even more transparent, very efficient, take a bit of power too, not too install picky

Dayton HO 10s: tiny enclosure, sound great at any volume, as transparent maybe slightly more than the w6v2, not too efficient, but loud enough for me

Sundown sa 8s : MINI BEASTS!!

most satisfying sub i've owned has been an Adire Audio Brahma 12" would love to get my hands on one again or a few of them actually. and my current sub Skar VVX 12".

I've had, eclipse / JL's / Kickers / Fosgates and a dozen others...

I would have made sweet, sweet love to the Aura 12MR and whispered sweet nothings in its pole piece.
I saw a couple of aura MRs in my local pawn shop today.....they've been there for a good minute too. Considered trying them out since I know none of the locals will buy em.

Mine is also a toss up.

-DC Audio Level 4 15"- Had mine on 1400+@1 ohm in 4.5 net cubes tuned at 32Hz. Got loud, low, and had great SQ. Issue was the size of box needed. I ran this for almost a year and switched to some smaller subs.

-2x Image Dynamics ID8D2V3's- Ran these on the same amp that was on the DC, but at 2 ohms for ~700@2 on the pair. Goal was to keep the SQ, loudness, and increase the space in the trunk. All of which were a success. Then switched up for even more space savings.

-Audiomobile Evo 10"-TC2+ based motor. Very limited run subwoofer. Great SQ, beastly, and pretty efficient even sealed up.

I'd have to say my Obsidian Audio 15 is the best all around daily sub I've owned. Sounds great and gets decently loud. And its under $200 bucks //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

The best subs I have ever owned to date are my Audiobahn AW1008T DVC 2ohm 1000rms 10s made is USA/California,My other favorite was my Still Water Kickers/10s.

I've owned old Rockford, Eclipse, Alpine, JL, Boston, Alumapro, Dynaudio, and ADS woofers. The one I like the best out of all of those would be the old W6's & W3's. Yes, they're not made well; stamped steel basket, foam surround, flimsy cone, and a small plastic former...but somehow they don't die and they sound just as good, if not better, than many new high dollar SQ subs today. I'd even go so far as saying I like these better than the v2's...especially when it comes to the install (5" depth!!!).

These just did everything very well, didn't need a whole bunch of power, and do not require a box with a lot of depth. I'll be stocking up if JL does another anniversary edition...wished I bought the previous anniversary ed. subs.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.