Some up coming public reviews that we will be doing.....

pro-rabbit
5,000+ posts

OKC, OK
We do several things here and reviews and R&D are just one of them. We will doing some testing and writing our reviews on a few products for you all to enjoy.

Cadence S1w10 D2

Cadence S2w12 D2

AlphaDamp

It may take a little while to get the results from the tests and put that into written form, but I believe it that all reviews will be available for posting here and other areas that the companies see fit.

At a quick glance....

Cadence-

Both drivers look well built and designed compared to other drives of comparable price. All we have done at this point is unboxing. More info very soon....

AlphaDamp-

Similar story with AlphaDamp. We have unboxed it and did a quick look over and it appears to be fairly impressive.

pics in the next posts....

Last edited by a moderator:
S1w10

IMAG0664.jpg

IMAG0665.jpg

IMAG0667.jpg

IMAG0668.jpg

IMAG0666.jpg

dont get me wrong i like cadence. 2 issues i see firsthand the 1st sub the mounting screw holes look way too close to the speaker so easily have air leaks.

2nd the terminals hanging outside the basket off a piece of sheetmetal is a bad design.

the 2nd sub terminal/direct wire looks cheesy.

cadence needs to clean up these issues...

I agree about the terminals. I would have liked to have seen something more rigid to hold up with time. I don't think it will be a huge issue, just something I would like to see upgraded. The screw holes I'm not sure about yet. We will see if there are any issues, but wo be honest I do not see it being much a problem.

I'm sure there is/was a price point to meet with these subs. However if it was me, I would have just went with the direct lead and ditched the terminal all together.

I'm very interested to see how the alphadamp performs. From what we done so far with it, the biggest draw back may be the price. That is something will get to very soon though.

the direct wire is a joke with those tiny tinsel leads and a small motor and stamped basket. the tie wraps are done sooo poorly too. first look i would not walk but run away.

cadence really needs to step up there subwoofer game bigtime!

I wouldn't just drop them all together. With in their price position on the market and from what the performance we have seen from them during testing late yesterday I would think they will do ok and match up decently against other drivers of a higher price range.

Not saying they don't leave something to be desired with parts of the build quality. I agree direct lead would be "over kill/a joke" if you will, but they could drop the terminal all together and it would look much better then the thin metal they are mounted to.

I think that we are all accustom to seeing much larger drivers(higher price point) so the smaller ones typically do not interest us and are easy to find things we would like to have altered/changed. We have to remember that all drivers have price points to meet...when that is part of the equation like with anything some things are "scaled back" a bit.

From other drivers in this price point I have tested I would say Cadence is on par or ahead of most of them actually. I will see if I can make some comparisons to others I have tested...not sure if enough time has passed for the other to be discussed yet though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the un-boxing pics Rabbit!

SPLaudio--We have not had any issues with air-leaks, the 8 mounting holes seem to be sufficient enough. The S1 series are low-powered subs, so they do not require tons of reinforcement, huge baskets, huge tinsel leads, or huge anything. They do what they are rated for and then some, pictures do not do them justice.

The wire leads/connectors are their because of the request we get from them. We always try to fulfill the request of our buyers. We will have runs w/ either just terminals, or wire-leads soon.

^ you didnt understand the holes are VERY close to the diameter of the basket so ya have to be very accurate with cutting the drop in hole for the sub. those terminals hanging out on a piece of sheetmetal is a big no no.

just pointing out what i see at first glance is all. i know there extream budget subs. whats some specs like Bl and xmax along with coil size and ww?

I will take some measurements tomorrow to see how much room there is from the screw hole to the end of the mounting lip. My sugestion would be to have them centered with in the whole they are already, but instead of making them oval..keep them circle. That should be a quick resolution to that issue.

^ you didnt understand the holes are VERY close to the diameter of the basket so ya have to be very accurate with cutting the drop in hole for the sub. those terminals hanging out on a piece of sheetmetal is a big no no.
just pointing out what i see at first glance is all. i know there extream budget subs. whats some specs like Bl and xmax along with coil size and ww?
I see what your saying about the mounting holes, ill look into that..terminals are securely bonded to the speaker. Never had one fall off or break off yet...

ill re-post up the specs on the subs..

Boots on the motor are a huge waste of time and material IMO. Stamped frame with ugly terminals....nobody is going to invert that.
Well that's why they made the front look good, because their target market isn't likely to run them inverted //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.