Starting my build

Participant count
  • Participant list

Patthehat033
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Missouri
Hey,

I am 15, and don't have a car yet, but I am starting to get audio equipment ready for it. I do not have any sub woofers yet, but I did get some amplifiers.

So far I have gotten a MRP-M500 and a Rockford Fosgate T5002 off craigslist.

When I got the Rockford, it was in horrible condition. This is the cleaned up, tri-fan design. 2 dual fans on the top of the amp, plus a third fan that is in the center of the circuit board, under the gray cover. The dual fans have blue LED's when you turn the amplifier on. Soon I will be painting the amplifier a different color. What color scheme do you guys think I should do?

vzd9n5.jpg

Whats your budget? Goals? What vehicle will this be going in? Kinda hard to help you if we don't know what vehicle this will go in. I could tell you to get a pair of 15s, but would be no good if you ended up getting a car that doesn't have room for them...

Whats your budget? Goals? What vehicle will this be going in? Kinda hard to help you if we don't know what vehicle this will go in. I could tell you to get a pair of 15s, but would be no good if you ended up getting a car that doesn't have room for them...
Right now.. my budget is nothing haha well.. for the audio equipment anyways, I have $5300 saved up so far for the car. I am hoping to get a few sub installs going on craigslist to make some money, then apply for a job in the spring which will roll in some money as well. Basically I just want to modify the crap out of my car. I am a guy who is very into engines and car audio at the same time so the more the better haha. I am hoping to get either a Mustang GT or a Pontiac Trans am/Firebird. The stang will have hardly any room in the trunk (my buddies got one, and I installed subs in his car, and had to use a small *** box to get them in the trunk.) and I think the firebird doesn't really have a trunk but it has like a few feet behind the rear seats to place things.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.