which alt...

I have a DC and have never had any problems with it other than the build time taking a bit longer than expected. Odds are you will be more than satisfied with either.

I've got a DC 270 XP and it rocks. They were fine with me, but I've heard plenty of people saying bad things since, so I dunno what happened there. While I don't think it's quite as big a deal as they advertise, I do believe in their square wire "technology." to maximize space usage within the windings.

I recomend DC power because of their build quality, However if you want to give SSA (soundsolutionaudio) a call, they recently picked up Mechman, and see if they stand behind the Mechman alt, they are VERY good at taking care of their customers

Just throwing out there. You could look into Excessive Amperage. I love my 300a model, came quick, fair price, and works flawlessly.

I use ohio generator alts..have been since 2000 actually on all of our cars. We have had zero issues with them. Our 240sx is now a daily driver and has had their alt on it since 2003 and is still going strong supporting a 4k system.

DC is a good option and I have tested and worked with several of their alts for our own cars and customers with no issues.

I have yet to get to work with anything from Mechman. So I can not say much on them. One day we will, but it will only be if a customer brings it in to us do to pricing. No offense meant to Mechman, we can never find a price that works for both of us to pick one up...lol I'm sure they work great..just no hands on experience with them.

I've got a DC 270 XP and it rocks. They were fine with me, but I've heard plenty of people saying bad things since, so I dunno what happened there. While I don't think it's quite as big a deal as they advertise, I do believe in their square wire "technology." to maximize space usage within the windings.
I work for a business that rebuilds alternators for city busses, big 400A+ oil cooled alternators, we also build HO alternators for ordinary vehicles (no, we don't take orders, don't even ask). Our rebuilders swear by square wire. We've done bench tests and compared the round to square wire, I'll have to talk to them and dig up the bench tests. We've gotten 30-40% improvements by using difference case materials and square wire if I remember right, with no other changes to the alternator.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

RangerDangerV2

5,000+ posts
CarAudio.com Veteran
RangerDangerV2
st cloud MN
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date