Rat Mat sound deadener?

jolly_26
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
I know how these threads usually go, but this one's a little different.

Rat Mat vs. Dynamat Xtreme

Can get Dynamat Xtreme for $10.4 a square foot or Rat Mat for $6.8 a square foot. These are the only products and best prices I can get in NZ, and I need the product within 12 days so importing isn't an option. Thoughts? I know Dynamat Xtreme is legit, but what about the Rat Mat? At that price it's a lot more tempting.

Raammat is fine. I have used both. Both are butyl based. There are some slight differences, but they're effectively the same. If I remember correctly, raammat bxt2 butyl layer is thinner, but it's also denser to make up for it. Raamaudio is a small company that sells its products through its own web site, and marketing is pretty much done by the word of mouth. Rick, the owner of Raammat, is known on car audio forums and had won competitions. He knows quite a bit about sound deadening and often will give personalized advise/recommendation to his customers over email.

Also, don't forget about Ensolite CCF. I have used the self-adhesive version. Great stuff. Once again, it's just as good or better than Dynamat's equivalent product, but it's cheaper. Considering the price and weight of this material as well as the acoustic benefits, the decision to use it is a no-brainer.

I'm sure RAAMMat is good stuff but I actually do mean Rat Mat, like I said.

Anyone have a coupon code for any sites that I can grab sound deadener off if I import?

Highly, highly, highly suggest you look at SoundDeadenerShowdown before spending a penny. High quality and efficiency is very rare to have both in the same product while being reasonably priced, while actually having someone that knows about the product and how it really functions answer questions for you.

Highly, highly, highly suggest you look at SoundDeadenerShowdown before spending a penny. High quality and efficiency is very rare to have both in the same product while being reasonably priced, while actually having someone that knows about the product and how it really functions answer questions for you.
Heard this from a few guys, so will look into it //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Im using FatMat,and seems to be pretty good for the money to me, as I have used Dynamat before,seems like its the same pretty much to me.Got it on ebay from noise-killers.Liking it pretty good.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

isn't eDead an asphalt based deadener? Was after a butyl

---------- Post added at 10:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:44 AM ----------

Im using FatMat,and seems to be pretty good for the money to me, as I have used Dynamat before,seems like its the same pretty much to me.Got it on ebay from noise-killers.Liking it pretty good.
I'll check it out //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

To me any deadner is better than none at all.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.