backup cam and reverse wire location 2011 F150 FX2?

Participant count
  • Participant list

ChrisR
10+ year member

My all-Alpine system install in underway. Got the front and rear speakers in this weekend about to start on the amp rack (2 Alpine PDX-F4's, 2F cap and dist block). Vehicle is a 2011 F150 FX2 crew cab.

The Alpine INA-910 HU will be installed after the amp rack. The only unanswered question I have at this point is the location of the rear-view camera wire and the reverse wire for auto switching to rear-cam view.

I recall reading somewhere that the rear-cam wire is in the bundle that runs under the passenger side door floor strike plate and is purple (or pink). The reverse sensor wire -- I have no idea.

Any information on the location of these and the best place and method to splice into them appreciated.

The cam has a hot and a ground,need to ground the black wire and connect the positive to a switched 12 volt source.

I had to run a wire all the way to the tail lights to get my reverse signal for the headunit.

Should be able to tap into the reverse light wire at the BCM. Tech info I have says it's a blue/white(+) located at the BCM, black 32 pin plug (D), pin 13. BCM is located under passenger side dash. Please meter the wire to verify before trusting that info.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.