Are you able to help me out ??

DiBonaventura
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Hi so I recently purchased

1-Kicker CVR 12" dual sub in the enclosure(1600max 800rms)

1-Cadence f700 amp (1600max 800rms)

I am very lost on the wiring I need!!!!!

The thing im not sure about is the whole debate about how 0 gauge wire can carry more amps or whatever then the 4 gauge..

I know 4 gauge is good enough but is 0 better?

I recently came across this 4 gauge wire kit from cadence-

System Includes:

• One Set of 17’ Translucent Twisted Pair, Double-Shielded 100% OFC Audiophile RCA Cables

• Woven Nylon Mesh on Shielded Power Cable

• 18’ 4 Gauge High Current – Low Impedance, Translucent Orange Power Cable

• 3’ 4 Gauge High Current – Low Impedance, Translucent Ground Cable

• Mini ANL Distribution Block with 150 Amp Fuses

• 30’ 16 Gauge Translucent Orange/Silver Heavy-Duty Speaker Wire

• 17’ Remote Turn-On Wire

• 10pc 8” Black Cable Ties

• 2pc 4 Gauge 5/16” Ring Terminals

• 2pc 4 Gauge 1/4” Spade Terminals

• 5pc 14-16 Gauge #10 Spade Terminals

• 5pc 14-16 Gauge Butt Terminals

• 1pc 4 Gauge Snap Plastic Black Firewall Grommet

• 2pc #10 1/2” Self Tapping Pan Head Screws

• 2pc Ground Washers

• Lifetime Warranty*

which looks like the best thing for me but how am i supposed to know the appropriate gauge for the remote and what not?

I'm so confused so can somebody please clear my confusion and let me know if there's a better place to purchase these...

Oh yea I forgot to mention that the length of the power cable does not madder because in my bmw the battery's in the trunk....

P.S. I need wiring preferably with a pre installed fuse or whatever for the power cable unless someone can walk me through installing one because i am also confused on that part to! Thanks!

I think what really need to do is search first, but here's my attempt at helping you.

Red power wire goes from battery to pos on amp

Black ground wire goes to a solid metal in the car

remote goes from remote turn on from the head unit to the remote on the amp

RCAs from head unit to RCA in on amp

speakers are wired accordingly....

Haha I didnt mean help for installing them all together my bad...I just need help with is that kit right for the sub and amp i have posted or is there a better one and does 0 gauge really make a difference?

4gauge is plenty as long as you get good quality cable. This is prob as cheap as u can go but still have good cable.

Monster Cable MPC P300 BAP500 4 Gauge Power Amplifier Install Kit

Do you still need an RCA cable?

You dont need 0gauge still u get to 1500-2000wrms, 4 gauge will support up to 1200 or so if u have a good alt

That wiring kit u have above is for installing a high and low amp. U just need a sub one, such as the monster kit above

I need all the cables but im just not sure where to purchase and what to purchase....id say price range is 100 max... is that enough for good quality wiring?

Wow great thanks //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/veryhappy.gif.fec4fed33b4a1279cf10bdd45a039dae.gif would it be too much to give me a link to a kit that is good quality that you would recommend for my setup? I really want the best for my setup but again I have a budget //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

Welcome to the forum. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Essentially you can decide (roughly) what gauge power wire based on how much power you're planning to run. I'm honestly not sure what is recommended for 800W - offhand I'd think 4 gauge is cutting it a little close. Something else to consider is if you think you'll ever upgrade - it's often a better idea to start with bigger wire so you have room to add more power later.

Choosing the gauge for the speaker wire can be decided the same way - how much power is going through it. I've run 100 through 16 gauge fine, 200 through 14 gauge fine... let us know how you're setting things up and then we can help determine these things.

The gauge for the remote wire does not matter much at all - the amount of current going through it is extremely small. I've used 22 gauge remote wire before with no problems.

If you buy an amp install kit like that one you described, the fuseholder is always included, and putting it on the power wire is quite self-explanatory. If you end up needing help you can ask on here and anyone will help you. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Hi so I recently purchased1-Kicker CVR 12" dual sub in the enclosure(1600max 800rms)

1-Cadence f700 amp (1600max 800rms)

I am very lost on the wiring I need!!!!!

The thing im not sure about is the whole debate about how 0 gauge wire can carry more amps or whatever then the 4 gauge..

I know 4 gauge is good enough but is 0 better?

I recently came across this 4 gauge wire kit from cadence-

System Includes:

• One Set of 17’ Translucent Twisted Pair, Double-Shielded 100% OFC Audiophile RCA Cables

• Woven Nylon Mesh on Shielded Power Cable

• 18’ 4 Gauge High Current – Low Impedance, Translucent Orange Power Cable

• 3’ 4 Gauge High Current – Low Impedance, Translucent Ground Cable

• Mini ANL Distribution Block with 150 Amp Fuses

• 30’ 16 Gauge Translucent Orange/Silver Heavy-Duty Speaker Wire

• 17’ Remote Turn-On Wire

• 10pc 8” Black Cable Ties

• 2pc 4 Gauge 5/16” Ring Terminals

• 2pc 4 Gauge 1/4” Spade Terminals

• 5pc 14-16 Gauge #10 Spade Terminals

• 5pc 14-16 Gauge Butt Terminals

• 1pc 4 Gauge Snap Plastic Black Firewall Grommet

• 2pc #10 1/2” Self Tapping Pan Head Screws

• 2pc Ground Washers

• Lifetime Warranty*

which looks like the best thing for me but how am i supposed to know the appropriate gauge for the remote and what not?

I'm so confused so can somebody please clear my confusion and let me know if there's a better place to purchase these...

Oh yea I forgot to mention that the length of the power cable does not madder because in my bmw the battery's in the trunk....

P.S. I need wiring preferably with a pre installed fuse or whatever for the power cable unless someone can walk me through installing one because i am also confused on that part to! Thanks!
If that kit is within your budget, it will work for you.Just recommend picking up at least 12ga wiring for your sub, Just need approx 12-20 ft max id say.You may be able to check the electrical wiring classifieds, and get some there or Walmart, or Best buy/Car audio shop/Ebay.Ive always ran 12ga for my subs, you might get by with 14ga, but, I dont use that ga on my subs, never have.Just a suggestion to you that I didnt see in the kit.

Here are two possible, high-quality kits well within your budget:

KnuKonceptz Ultra Flex KCA 4 Gauge Amp Install Kit CCA (817069010303) | eBay

KnuKonceptz Complete 4 Gauge Kolossus OFC Amp Kit | eBay

The top one is cheaper because the power wire is not pure copper - it's called CCA (copper-clad aluminum). It is cheaper, but it cannot handle as much current. I'm not sure I'd be comfortable running 800W through it.

The second one's power wire is made of OFC (oxygen-free copper). It is pure copper, and therefore can carry more current safely than the CCA. I'd recommend this one for your application. It comes with RCAs and 20 ft of 12 gauge speaker wire and lots of other fun goodies.

Knu makes good stuff. I'm running the first kit, but I'm running less power than you. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Wow this is so incredibly helpful! Sadly I don't think I can upgrade to much more because the subs already take up all the room in my trunk haha but i don't mind getting a 0 gauge if its for the better but are there any kits you'd recommend to me that includes everything...a kit that you would personally use?

Haha ok so I can definitely afford the second one if that's the best quality and its totally reasonable im psyched! Theres only one more thing... I know im gonna sound stupid for this but the specifications always confuse me when i read them so im double checking that it comes with absolutely everything i need to wire it and has the fuse on the power so i don't have to worry about a surge or anything right! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Knu is top of the line, i didnt know they had kits on ebay thats awesome. Although i belive the amp you ordered will only accept up to 4gauge wire, u can just trim down your 0 gauge to fit. Just thought ide mention it.

Personally i would run that 2nd knu wire kit, and yes thats what that fuse does. It will pop if the max amperage is exceeded(power surge)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.