1400W System Batcap 800 VS Shuriken SK-BT60

Participant count
  • Participant list
With my yellow top under the hood I still get voltage drop even into the 11s when the low bass hits. Is a battery such as the SK-BT60 necessary or should something like the SK-BT20 fine since I have the yellow top as well? I'm new to adding batteries so stick with me. I worry that my 100 amp alternator won't keep up with the BT60.

SHURiKEN SK-BT20 (SKBT20) 850 Amp 12 Volt AGM Power Cell Battery

Or would 2 of these be better than 1 BT60?

I'm currently running over 2K with a Yellow Top up front and a Kinetik 800 under the back seat, stock alternator. I doubt you'll have issues using either one of those.

I'm currently running over 2K with a Yellow Top up front and a Kinetik 800 under the back seat, stock alternator. I doubt you'll have issues using either one of those.
Did you have voltage drop before the Kinetic 800? With just my yellow top I am dropping into the 11s on the lows and 12s on high bass.

No real voltage drop issues, it was getting at about 12.5v before and now it stays up to about 12.8v even in heavy transients. I forgot to mention that I do have the Big 3 done on this vehicle as well.

Forgot to mention, it's one of the smaller Yellow Tops as well. One that had the right post configuration for a Nissan Titan.

hmm I've got everything to do the Big 3 and will have it done soon, but with me having such bad voltage drop that makes me think that I need that BT60. That or maybe (2) BT20s, which would be cheaper, but have 20 less AH.

What would you all recommend out of those 2 choices?

If you've found a 1400 for the same price I'd get that for sure. I have one as the front battery in my comp car and it's great.

Get on to doing that Big 3!!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.