Sign in to follow this  
dross93ranger

Ported Sub Box Assistance

I have a prefab ported Best Buy box...it is loud, but really does not move air at all. I was going to build my own box, but found a local guy on ebay who makes boxes. Will his box make a noticeable difference in sound?

Also I am running an SAX-1200D amp and 2 12" SWR-1243D subs and this is a daily system. What should I get him to cut the tubes to? And what would that tune the box to? I am new to box building and that confuses me.

I do not want to build my own box, been there, done that and it turned out fine (sealed box), but I want to buy one so please don't suggest that.

Here is my current box:

Fierce Audio XED 12" inch in Dual 2 Ported Subwoofer Enclosure PS212.1 Black | eBay

And the one I can buy local:

Ported / Vented (Flush Mount) Sub Box Enclosure for 2 Alpine Type R 12s | eBay

Running small stereos so I can haul a stroller. :laugh:

2004 Ford Focus SVT - Kenwood DDX370, JL Audio C2-525 Components, Sundown E8v1, NVX MVPA1 Mono Amp, Power Acoustik RZ2-1300D 2-Channel, Pac SWI-RC Steering Wheel Adapter

1993 Ford Ranger (System still in progress) - Kenwood KDC-452U, E8v1 in Custom Ported Box, amplifiers and speakers still in question.

Pretty sure Pro-Rabbit (DC Creations) is going to have a cyber monday sale tomorrow. You could probably get a much nicer box for about the same price.

I use gain as a volume control.

Thanks I will check into that, the box I linked looked to be built very well, but I'm guessing it isn't great? It is about the perfect dimensions for my van.

2004 Ford Focus SVT - Kenwood DDX370, JL Audio C2-525 Components, Sundown E8v1, NVX MVPA1 Mono Amp, Power Acoustik RZ2-1300D 2-Channel, Pac SWI-RC Steering Wheel Adapter

1993 Ford Ranger (System still in progress) - Kenwood KDC-452U, E8v1 in Custom Ported Box, amplifiers and speakers still in question.

You need a box with 4-4.5 cubes tuned anywhere from 30-34 hz. If aeros, you need appr. 2 4" or 1 6". If you get stuck I can design you one if you want to build it.

buck.box.designs@gmail.com

I help with full system support, if you need advice

:yumyum: I just like making people happy :yumyum:

Yep that is what I was going to say. I can work with you a price if you want to look at one being built. Just PM me and we can discuss some options for you.

DCCreationssigfinalimg.jpg

Why so big? According to the specs for the sub it says I can use 1-2 cubic feet per sub so 3 should be fine? I am not building a competition system, just something to enjoy. Everyone on here says that the box makes a world of difference and that box is much higher quality then anything I could build (with wood atleast).

Trust me, yo. Done 1 or 2 type r boxes :fyi:

buck.box.designs@gmail.com

I help with full system support, if you need advice

:yumyum: I just like making people happy :yumyum:

PMing both of you to see my options I need to keep costs down as much as I can due to having a newborn in the house.

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this