Sign in to follow this  
kylecassidy23

1000 watts 2 ohm

so i have 2 subs that i want to run 500 watts to each at 4 ohm, if i have an amp that does 1000 watts at 2 ohm i can wire them parallel and it will work?

nope if they are dual 4 ohm you can wire them together to 1 ohm or 4 ohm

buy my kicker kx1200.1 for 200 shipped

im actually from long island and i have a directed 1100d that i left at my parents house, its an amazing amp built in the us, thing weighs a tone. 100 bucks picked up and sell your other amp. does 1100rms at 1 ohm

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By YeNoM
      I have one 12" Coustic subwoofer and it's RMS is 250W and the Max Power is 500W. I was wondering what size and model amplifier would be good for it.
    • By repres01
      I have a aftermarket stereo (listed in my signature), I've installed an amp (listed in my signature). The rear speakers are directly hooked up to the amp and rca inputs are ran to the back of my head unit.

I now have purchased rca's and 2 sets of speaker wire to connect the amp to my door speakers. I want to hook them up to the factory front speaker on the factory side of my head unit. I want to make sure I am hooking it up correctly

I have the dodge magnum 2005 wiring diagram as:

Left Front + Gray/Purple
      Left Front - Gray/Yellow
      Right Front + Dark Green/Purple
      Right Front - Dark Green/Yellow

(I am supposed to splice the wires onto the factory fronts and then attach them to the amp)

I'm not sure I saw those color wires when I first looked at the harness Any Advise? I will update this thread tomorrow with pics
    • By rtull32
      I have just got 2 Kenwood KFC-w3012 subs and am not sure what type of amp to get to push both of them...I do not want to spend a fortune on an amp seeing as I still need a box for them however I do not want some crappy amp that is going to burn up within the first month...any advice will be greatly appreciated thanks ahead of time
    • By dshaver
      Hey! I'm almost 16 and I'm saving up for a sound system for my first car. I think I want to get two Alpine Type R SWR-1243d (Alpine SWR-1243D 12" Type-R Car Subwoofer/Sub (SWR1243D)) subs but I have no idea what amp (or amps) to power them with. I'm also getting two sets of Type R speakers (Alpine SPR-13S 5-1/4" Type-R Component Speakers) that I think I'm going to power with an Alpine PDX-4.100 (Alpine PDX-4.100 (pdx4100) - 4 Channel Amplifier | Four Channel Amp - Sonic Electronix), but I don't know how to wire multiple amps to one battery. Any help or advice on what amps to use or the best ways to wire amps and subs is much appreciated. Thanks in advance!
    • By timbassett
      ok i just got these subs and this amp i kno pa isant as powerfull as it says it is i just wana kno if this amp will do them a bit of justice i have a poted box i think at 1.7 cf yah i kno thats a lot for these subs too planning on getting a smaller box but i havent put it together yet just wanted to kno what i should be expecting in the end thank for all input