i need help anyones opinion and advice would be greatly apreciated.....

Participant count
  • Participant list

Steve615

Ok, I have a single cab 2006 Silverado. Ive got a custom box built for a speaker that is 6 1/4" mounting depth and 12". The amp i have is a Kenwood 1200watt class D i bought from Electronic express. The sub i have wich i have been buying is a Kicker 12" CVR rated at 800watts. I also have a Power accoustik cross over with remote bass knob, my head unit is an alpine cd player not really old but doesnt have ipod hookups or anything like that. Ok, My problem is that the sub was working fine and then all the sudden it would like cut in and out if i tapped the box it would kinda work, if i pressed on the rca cables going into the x over it would work also. Now 2 days ago coming home from work it completely quit playing thru my sub, checked all my fuses and wiring, i have power at the amp and at the x over but nothing coming from the sub. the sub is an older model cvr with the aluminized plating on the cone n speaker itself, the new cvr is black wich i had but completely blew on me this older cvr blew a voicecoil like a month or so back, but i just wired it to the good side that wasnt blown and cut the amp way down, it worked. but now ive got this problem. Has anyone ran into this before???? and If i may ask what 12" sub would yall suggest for my application. I really been swayin towards a focal or like a round solobaric 12. Thanks Steve

Do yall know of any good 12' in Subs that will stand up to 1200 watts?

Im just trying to find a good starting point since im new to installing and

doing this all myself.

for a pair or just one ,there are alot of woofers that will take that power.dc level 3,sa 12's,ascendant chaos,dd 2500 ,atomic, i can go all day with this.budget is a good starting point for you

^^^agree... I am also under the impression that box is not big enough to house a high power sub like that, then again we dont have dimensions so I cant say for sure. second, it is never a good idea to hook up only one coil in a DVC.... can you give us the box dimensions, it will greatly help in picking a new sub

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.