Extra Power

Participant count
  • Participant list

RDSHunter
10+ year member

I've heard of many subs being stable past their reccommended RMS wattage and wonder how much of a difference is actually made. Ive got two JL 12w3v3 subs with a Cadence ZRS 7000D amp and Was wondering if I wired it down to 1 ohm (pushing 650 RMS to each sub rather than the reccommended 500 RMS) how damaging this would be to the subs or if there would be a significant enough increase in sound. I figure the gains and sub levels on my HU would have to be kept low to run smoothly at extra power. Since I've heard of it being done I figured I'd ask before I went on and ended up blowing my subs haha. Thanks

they will go up in smoke i know from personal experience
there peak handling is 500....unless you plan to burst this power?
There peak is 600 to be exact.. As far as how much power they can hold well there is only one real way to find out but it might end up costing u some money lol. I would say a good clean 800 to the pair would be about all I would mess with. Also depends on what kinda box u are using..

FWIW 'peak' numbers are useless //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

and it's THEIR

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.