Anyone play with HIDs much?

I did 35w on mine. If you run 55w the color will be washed out. On some cars depending on how close the bulb is to the housing the 55w will also melt the housing.

yeah in all my cars, and bikes.......

use 35w because, if you do 55w it will burn up your factory harness, unless you run a relay with power thicker wire( did this on my rocket it a beach)

and if you can get the bi-xeon worth the extra money, and id go with 8 or 10k i did 10k in both my car, and bike love the color lights up signs 1/4mile away.

odds are you wouldn't need high beams put them in my bike and never use them, didn't put them in my car and doesn't bother me.

oh yeah, and this is where i get all mine.

awesome customer service and sweet prices, got a bad ballest once replaced it no questions or cost to me.

kryptonbulbs.com

one thing to remember when going with hid is the fact that in a lot of states it is illegal to run them with out having projector headlights for the simple fact that there is no cut off line with hid bulbs when they arn't controlled by the cases.

another thing to consider is that the hotter/bluer you go with them the less light they actually put out. the whitest and brightest will be 4300/5000k

and a big part of the reason people get mad about others with hid owners is the fact that they disperse the light so widely and are not controlled which means the shine in people eyes just as brights would.

also having hid brights isnt the best idea since with the turn on delay they have they cant be used for signaling as halogen bulbs can.

in my state, its no big deal. the Local law, is that they have to be more white than blue.

secondly, my headlights turn on automatically when its dark out, theirs a sensor on my dash that senses light, it drives me nuts.lulz.

my cars 2" off the ground, so ill aim them down.

lowbeams of course.

so 35 watts it is.

6k, 8k or 10k?

6k is white.

8k is super blue on some sites, and barely on others...

will it lose its intensity?

10k. blue for sure they say.

12k purpleish?

35watt is the way to go if you plug and play even then if you look at the plug after a couple of weeks she will be black just because they require something like 16000 volts when they start up, but drawl less when they are warmed up.

you will be happy.....one of the best things you can do for your car, or any vehical even put them in my moms, and gfs car.

I want to get some hid's myself id be going for 5k to match my white paint //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif I need to replace my header panel tho and I can't find one that has hardware in it which I will need since i'm missing some and my head lights kind of flop around it's very annoying.

I got some hids for like 100 bucks but they didn't seem much brighter than normal halogen bulbs.
For that price you can get a hi/low kit, extra wiring harness, slim ballasts, and error code eliminators from DDM and save $10.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.