Light weight SPL setup

jeffs42885
10+ year member

Experienced Noob
DFW
Hi all,

As you can tell by my sig, I used to have a pretty good system in my Grand prix. I beleive I did a best of 141.2 on a termlab. I currently have two cars.

1) Daily driver- 2011 Scion TC - 1 12'' Type-R, ZX750.1, Audioenhancers box, best of 138.6 on the term.

2) G8 - did 135ish with a 12'' L7 and the same amp.

The g8 is my weekend car, I have some performance/visual mods done to it, I dont drive it in the winter, I like to take it to the drag strip, and most importantly, shows.

As long as I have been doing audio I have used a single 12'' setup. Here is what I want to accomplish.

The G8 is lacking in the audio area. I have nothing as of now. I would like to do a nice trunk setup, something squared off, that sounds good, and gets loud. I would like to do this with as little sub as possible, 1 12, 2 10''s, etc. I have the following dimensions for a box:

47 wide, 16'' high 16'' deep. I am also using the factory headunit and a cheapo line out converter. Amp, I will probably use a sundown audio, or a kicker ZX..something in the 1500WRMS range. What does everyone think. I would like to be able to do a 140 in this car....without adding too much weight. Of course, the box is removable..

What is lightweight to you?
Are you trying to get loud on music or tones?

Are you trying to compete with this?
I'd like to be loud on both. Like I said, If I had a setup that can do a 140, and still sound great, thats good enough for me. Heavy..weight..hmm..Maybe like..less then 75lb..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.