Biggest speaker size for Cavalier door

Participant count
  • Participant list

rlyster17

is it possible to get an 8 inch midbass driver (JL Audio ZR800-CW) into the stock speaker location of a chevy cavalier. i currently have 5.25 coaxials in there and i know you can fit 6.5's but i was wondering about 8's. i would go measure myself but the car is in the shop for repairs. I would like to put a set of 6.5 components in the kickpanels and have the 8's in the doors. Is this possible?? if so whats the best way to go about doing it??

Ok so ive done alot of searching on other sites as well and finally figured out that the ZR800's will fit. So the plan is to have the ZR800's in the door with a set of ZR650 components in the kickpanels and 2 W7's in the trunk. do the W7's sound better in a ported or sealed box. and also what speakers would you recommend in the rear deck? stock is 6x9 and i would like to stick with JL speakers but they dont make a 6x9 in the ZR model. is there something that i could substitute??

I recommend porting the subs for sure,and as for the 6x9 speakers..I would recommend a set of JBL,or Infinity or even alpine,all three sound great. I really like Infinity then JBL.Yet do read the specs for the subs to make your decision for your enclosure.

ya im thinking i want to port the subs, i just dont like giving up half my trunk for a sub box. i already had that problem in my 97 with the RF P1's. oh well i might have to bite the bullet and just go for it. dont use the trunk much anyway and there's still the option of pulling the subs out if i have to for a day or two.

As far as the 6x9's is there anything that JL makes that would compete with the ZR series speakers? if not what would you recommend? i know you said Infinity or JBL but what model specifically in each?

Sorry I have been real buisy at work..The JBL speakers I saw that look fine,I think were like the 75rms p8662 i think??I can look again,and Infinity,I think it was 6832 cf.JL speakers are expensive to me,and lack performance by specs??Yet look and pay attention to the RMS ratings,and the DB ratings too,IMO.You may want to take a look at the Bazookas subs,they even make 12s????Space saving/light weight,and sound decent,may save money building a box,adding sub,plus carrying weight??

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.