My speakers distort over volume of 3 (help)

CelicaBASS

i got a new alpine head unit for my celica and before there was a old pioneer. When i put the alpine in , i couldn't turn the volume over like 4 other wise everything distorts.(i have stock speakers) do i need to replace my speakers and tweeter, also i try to mess with the bass and mid, it sounds better but i cant go over a volume of 2 then

I'm sorry all thease guys are asses and won't answer your question like an adult would. I asked, and the reason you are distorting is because your stock head unit was putting about 15 w to each of your speakers . Now it is about 40 to each. Eaithier put the stock back in or replace your speakers. :) hope I helped

4?

I think it's more than just crappy stock speakers. (Unless you blew the speakers with the new deck and then couldn't get past 4 without distortion.)

I'm guessing that the speakers are blown or you have some aggressive signal processing active on the deck that's messing up your sound.

First make sure there is no "bass boost" or "super duper sound stage optimizer" or whatever active on the deck. Then make sure bass, treble etc are all flat. ("0")

Then use the fader and the balance to listen to each speaker individually.

There's also a possibility that your deck isn't grounded well. I've seen HU's operate with the ground wire disconnected and exhibit horrible sound at any level over a whisper. (Some decks can get a pseudo-ground through the antenna connection)

If that's the case, the lights on the deck will probably flicker and/or dim when the volume is turned up a little.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm sorry all thease guys are asses and won't answer your question like an adult would. I asked, and the reason you are distorting is because your stock head unit was putting about 15 w to each of your speakers . Now it is about 40 to each. Eaithier put the stock back in or replace your speakers. :) hope I helped
lulz. wow that is funny. and then you wonder why people tell you to stay in the dome.

Wow you just proved my "useless" accusations... Thanks

It could be this but with volume 2-4 causing such a larch problem his speakers could be seriously blown, or Something is wired incorrectly. Like someone above suggested turn all audio enhancements down to 0/flat EQ you want things as basic as possible so that you know it is not a setting on your HU that is the problem. Next check the speakers if they sound like their voice coils are rubbing or they just distort horribly they may be blown. If your speakers were working fine before chances are there's something not right in the wiring, did you use an aftermarket harness or try to wire from a diagram?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.