* JL W7 Box Specs!?

Kastlez_
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
Bay Area, CA
Looking for suggestions from those who have Experience with JL W7 products.

I'm going to be building a ported enclosure for (1) JL 13.5 W7

* Should I Use the Recommended JL W7 Enclosure Specs?

2.375 cu. ft.

@34 hz

* If not then what do you suggest for airspace and tuning that you know will work better?

find dccreations, they will make you one up, or drawl you some plans.

be sure you state what you want out of your sub strait spl strait sq, both etc.

Last resort i'll have someone draw something up... I would like some input from those who have used the recommended specs first.

Thanks

well on my 13 w6s i used the rec specs for my first box, and overall not a bad box, but when i changed it to single chamber, and added .5 (.25 per woofer)sq ft, and tuned it to 32 its louder, and sounds better

well on my 13 w6s i used the rec specs for my first box, and overall not a bad box, but when i changed it to single chamber, and added .5 (.25 per woofer)sq ft, and tuned it to 32 its louder, and sounds better
This is the input i was looking for... I'll keep that in mind

thanks

Anyone else?

Sell it to me cuz I have a guy that wants it...
It's a build for a local guy.. not for sale sorry

Well, I've not heard one in a 2.3 so I cannot accurately compare. But recommendations are only a basis. Without knowing anything else but the driver capabilities and limitations, you may get different recommendations from different people. As far as larger, it depends on what you are looking for as a response as anything larger will need to be accounted for with port area and length with less accurate loading capabilities and control. My recommendations are for SQ based and without calculating for any other factor but driver specs, any other recommendations to me are null. I have had great results with my specifications,yes. Are they what you are looking for? If you are looking for optimal box specs, then yes.but again, this is a basis and without accounting for anything else, so these numbers will always be tweeked for accuracy. As a starting point, you can't get any more accurate. I use quite a bit to get those numbers and all of it is relevant to performance. If you want, I can model its response when I get home to show you what I mean.

Ive had a couple 13w7s and tons of boxes. Honestly their recommended was probably my favorite, it was a good mixture of sound quality and loud. I use to build a ton of boxes and tried just about everything and for my tastes it worked best, could get loud as I would ever want but would sound great everyday on any music I would listen to.

Ive had a couple 13w7s and tons of boxes. Honestly their recommended was probably my favorite, it was a good mixture of sound quality and loud. I use to build a ton of boxes and tried just about everything and for my tastes it worked best, could get loud as I would ever want but would sound great everyday on any music I would listen to.
Thanks great input.

I think i'll go with the recommended airspace of 2.3 but change the tuning from 34 to 32-33hz

1.5ft^3 tuned to 56hz?
lol

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.