sub goes crazy for a couple seconds... amp into protect... suggestions?

spencer321
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
palm bay
checked the power and ground... its steady, plus my highs amp is off the same distro block one foot away and that amp is perfectly fine. Pulled the sub, Dual 4ohm coils read 3.9 on each coil, checked and double checked all my wiring, it all seems fine, the only thing i haven't gone through is the signal wire itself... is it possible for a short or a bad signal wire to cause this problem?

symptom: turn the car on plays fine for a minute, then a couple really loud pops and protect

no its the amp... i started workin on it, been disconnected for a few days, now it goes straight into protect, so i disconnected everything and hooked it straight to the battery and jumped the remote to the positive, straight into protect...

so i opened up the back of it... what am i looking for? or should i just pitch it and say to hell with it?

Take the amp to a car audio shop and get them to test it in front of you...Some charge nothing at all..my advice to you..Best buy/local shops/ect???

I know steve at Ampmedics can fix it for you. It will be WAY cheaper then gettin a new amp. Great guy who does amazing work, just google Ampmedics

yeah i opened it up, didn't see anything burnt, i looked over every part of it very carefully but i also don't know what im doing, i just looked for burnt spots or broken solder connections and didn't see any

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.