going to just ask ....

Participant count
  • Participant list

hybrdaccent
10+ year member

tracy ca
ok so from the sub forum got some great help on decideing what subs to get for my kids van .

now i just need a box for them ....lol

would anyone be interested in designing a ported box for us for free?

it doesent need to be crazy something he can build with lots of help from dad .

it will be for 2 sa12s . we have the exact space avalible for the box .

thanks in advance this site rocks

some thing with a single center port 33hz for 2 sa12's maximum space avalible is

L40

W23

H13.5

.75 mdf is the material being used

here are the sub specs

T/S D4:

RE: 7.09 ohms (D4 in series)

Fs: 28.4 Hz

Qes: 0.511

Qms: 5.75

Qts: 0.469

Vas: 40.3 L

BL: 25.04 NA

Le: 7.7 mH

Mms: 252 g

BL^2 / RE: 88

600 watts RMS

ya 40 wide 23 deep

and ya im thinkin 33hz seems to be what would work for a kid that listens to manly rap and bass music what do you think ?

Well before I go and send you all the info how does this look? Max dimensions are what you listed, ~1.8 cubes per sub, with a 32-33hz tuning

76Onr.jpg

dude that looks sick

---------- Post added at 06:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:33 PM ----------

wait sorry only prob is speakers have to be on front of the box

Alright cool stuff..lemme just get the measurements real quick like and ill send this on over to you. Stuff like rounded corners and those 45o angles aren't required but if you have a router with a roundover bit or a table saw that can cut 45's it will improve the overall performance of it a tiny bit.

EDIT: alright I'll move em to the front. Though in a van or any kind of SUV sub up port forward is usually loudest

man box is sick thank you so much

could have not asked for a better easier layout of the cuts .looks very easy to bulid.

will start monday and will post pics up as soon as it is done

thanks again man!!!!!!!!!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.