12 inch sub help

hybrdaccent
10+ year member

tracy ca
OK need your guys advice.i have 400 to spend on my sons van to replace 3 12 inch subs ,that a local dealer sold me and told me they were great subs .kind of embarrassed to say what they are but here it goes they are dhd brand subs.

now i have a ap1500.1 to push them and only have 400 dollars to replace them .

also have a second question for you guys, the box they are in now is 23x40x13.5 sealed .

the question is will it get louder with a ported box and is thenoughpgh room for three twelves?

thanks in advance

ported will always be louder than sealed

give us the dimensions or a picture of the whole area available for the speaker box if you want to know if you have the space for 3 ported 12s. If its a van it should have the room but its still better to measure before you try and cram something in. Are you looking for sq or loud?

Assuming the walls are .75 on the box you listed, you're using about 5.7 cubes before any displacements are subtracted.

Do you know the gauge of the power wire that is currently in the car? You said you now have an ap1500.1 and if it is more power-hungry than the amp it's replacing, it might require a beefier power wire. That's something to consider.

If I were buying three 12s with your budget, I'd look at these. It fits perfectly in the price range and I've been extremely happy with mine, both SQ and output-wise. If you got D4 coils, wired them to 8 ohms per sub, then wired the subs in parallel, the final impedance would be about 2.67 ohms (unless I forgot how to add resistors in parallel), which means the amp would be pushing just under 900W to all three, which is perfect.

Just a thought //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

ya those are the measurements i have to work with the box is under a rear bench seat so it cant be any bigger than that .

i have 2 gauge wire coming from the second bat two the amp .the power at the amp measures at 14.volts also has 2 gauge wire on the ground that runs through a whole next two the amp and is grounded straight to the frame .

power wire is about 4 feet long and the ground is about the same length .

thanks for the info so far guys keep it comiappreciateciate it .trying to make sure the kid has the loudest system at his school and the track...lol on a budget

trying to make sure the kid has the loudest system at the track
Racing van ITT //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Is Gagege a brand? I Googled to no avail. It should say something like "4 AWG" or "0 AWG" on it.

shoot sorry its 2awg

also a little more info on the set up its wired at .5 ohms right now but with the imp rise the ohms at the amp read 1.02ohms

he dosent race the van lol its his moto van has a wall in it and he uses it to haul his bikes to and from the track.

If it were my car, I would do two 12s ported over three sealed. more options.

SA-12s would be awesome, but that's not gonna leave much fundage left for building the box and all...

ok so looks like the sa12s it is

now will they take the full 1500watts?

also is there anyone that can design a box with the above stated measurments with those being the max space avalible for free.....lol

ok so looks like the sa12s it is now will they take the full 1500watts?

also is there anyone that can design a box with the above stated measurments with those being the max space avalible for free.....lol
There are a couple guys on here... And yes they will take 1500

---------- Post added at 02:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:56 AM ----------

ok so looks like the sa12s it is now will they take the full 1500watts?

There are a couple guys on here... And yes they will take 1500

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.