setting up new Pioneer DEH-6300UB (need some pointers)

Participant count
  • Participant list

stanza
10+ year member

MD
ok so i just got a new Pioneer DEH-6300UB head unit (excellent head unit). Now this thing has a lot of options as far as tuning goes and im not very familiar with some of the options. Now keep in mind i listen to rap so if you guys could give me some pointers on the right way to set this thing thatd be great. I know you obviously cant tell me the exact way to set it up but if someone could steer me in the right direction id appreciate it. Remember im going for a hip hop set up.

First is the Graphic Equalizer- It can be set to 100HZ, 315HZ, 1.25KHZ, 3.15KHZ, 8KHZ. Adjustment range on all +6 to -6

Second is the Loudness- Compensates for deficiencies in the low and high frequency ranges at low volume. OFF, LOW, MID, HIGH

Third is Subwoofer setting 1- It has a reverse option?? no idea what that does.

Fourth is Subwoofer setting 2- The cut off frequency and output level can be adjusted when the subwoofer output is on. Only frequencies lower then those in the selected range are outputted from the subwoofer. 50HZ, 63HZ, 80HZ, 100HZ, 125HZ. Adjustment range on all +6 to -24.

Fifth is the High Pass Filter Adjustment (HPF Setting)- When you do not want low sounds from the subwoofer output frequency range to play from the front or rear speakers, turn on the HPF. Only frequencies higher then those in the selected range are output from the front or rear speakers.

50HZ, 63HZ, 80HZ, 100HZ, 125HZ

Sixth is the Bass Boost- Adjustment range 0-6 (i know what this is obviously)

Finally we have the Source Level Adjustment (SLA)- Lets you adjust the volume level of each source to prevent radical changes in volume when switching between sources. Adjustment range +4 to -4.

So all of this is basically what i cant really figure out right. Ive messed with it and, althought it sounds great, i know i can get more oumph out of it with it set right. So if anyone can look over this stuff and tell me what good settings would be for rap music that would be awsome. My subs are two Alpine SWE 4ohms running at 2ohms, 250 watts a piece off a JL JX500/1 amp. The subs Frequency response range is 27HZ - 1000HZ. Sensitivity 86 dB at 1 watt

ok so i just got a new Pioneer DEH-6300UB head unit (excellent head unit). Now this thing has a lot of options as far as tuning goes and im not very familiar with some of the options. Now keep in mind i listen to rap so if you guys could give me some pointers on the right way to set this thing thatd be great. I know you obviously cant tell me the exact way to set it up but if someone could steer me in the right direction id appreciate it. Remember im going for a hip hop set up.
First is the Graphic Equalizer- It can be set to 100HZ, 315HZ, 1.25KHZ, 3.15KHZ, 8KHZ. Adjustment range on all +6 to -6

Second is the Loudness- Compensates for deficiencies in the low and high frequency ranges at low volume. OFF, LOW, MID, HIGH

Third is Subwoofer setting 1- It has a reverse option?? no idea what that does.

Fourth is Subwoofer setting 2- The cut off frequency and output level can be adjusted when the subwoofer output is on. Only frequencies lower then those in the selected range are outputted from the subwoofer. 50HZ, 63HZ, 80HZ, 100HZ, 125HZ. Adjustment range on all +6 to -24.i'd set that to 125hrts and about -18 not to highFifth is the High Pass Filter Adjustment (HPF Setting)- When you do not want low sounds from the subwoofer output frequency range to play from the front or rear speakers, turn on the HPF. Only frequencies higher then those in the selected range are output from the front or rear speakers.

50HZ, 63HZ, 80HZ, 100HZ, 125HZ

Sixth is the Bass Boost- Adjustment range 0-6 (i know what this is obviously)

Finally we have the Source Level Adjustment (SLA)- Lets you adjust the volume level of each source to prevent radical changes in volume when switching between sources. Adjustment range +4 to -4. your preference its more output.So all of this is basically what i cant really figure out right. Ive messed with it and, althought it sounds great, i know i can get more oumph out of it with it set right. So if anyone can look over this stuff and tell me what good settings would be for rap music that would be awsome. My subs are two Alpine SWE 4ohms running at 2ohms, 250 watts a piece off a JL JX500/1 amp. The subs Frequency response range is 27HZ - 1000HZ. Sensitivity 86 dB at 1 watt
and well everything else depends on how you like for it to sound just dont distort it by adding bass to the head unit, some will say to turn of the loudness of but again if you have it set right it will sound right.

thanks trailblazer.. i just found a good video on pioneers website going thru the features, so im gonna go play with it and see what i can come up with. Anyone else with ne other imput feel free to tell me what u think. thanks guys

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.