(Optima OR Diehard Platinum AGM battery?)

Participant count
  • Participant list
The Diehard platinum is actually made by Odyssey. It is a better battery than the optima. It has better specs as well, I researched the technologies before making my purchase. I replaced my Redtop with one. And the DieHard has the best warranty in the industry.

accordbattery004.jpg

for? starting or second? as far as what? you have a horrible way of asking for an answer //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif
It doesnt matter. Both brands are starting battery/deep cycle agm.Id figure im in

A car audio forum so its understood for sound. Sorry for the misunderstanding..

Yes, we need to know what you are wanting to do with them.

For me, Iam running 3 red tops.....
Using it for sound. I believe the redtops are meant for starting.

The blue and yeollowtops are meant for starting/deep cycling.

Just wanted a general opinion on which brand to go with for starting/deepcycling.

The Diehard platinum is actually made by Odyssey. It is a better battery than the optima. It has better specs as well, I researched the technologies before making my purchase. I replaced my Redtop with one. And the DieHard has the best warranty in the industry.
accordbattery004.jpg
Thanks bro. That was a big help and the answer I needed. Was there a big difference in the 2 being an optima owner also? And was your Purpose for audio or just starting power.

Nice set up by the way man..

Also had very good luck with the Platinum as an auxiliary battery and now rotated to under the hood. Sears has a good warranty and you can find a sears anywhere to walk in with it to claim on it if needed.

I run only one battery and an HO alt. Always have a sound system (18 years or so). I got 7 years out of my Redtop, but the last few years the resting voltage was low, below 12.5V even when fully charged. Now, I can spend a few hours playing pink noise doing RTA testing and I'm still above 12.5V at rest after (car off the whole time).

Odyssey is a better battery company than Optima. Odyssey makes batteries for many other applications, including military. Funny that Sears offers a better warranty with more locations. Keep your receipt in the glove box!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.