Audiopipe Amp goes into Recovery mode

Dorian772
10+ year member

I have two alpine R's dual 2 ohm in a ported box, powering them is a brand new AudioPipe 1800w amp.Whenever I put the volume past like half with bass boost on like 8-10 db the amp goes into recovery mode and the system truns off. Does anybody know how to fix this?

head unit bass was at +6/6 when i tried it and left all the gains and little screws on the amp the only thing i was messing with was the bass boost knob that i mounted near my dash.

Set your headunit bass to 0/6, assuming it goes from -6 to 6. That is boosting by 6dB and is clipping, along with your bass boost settings you have a bad combo. Make sure your ground is tight and the metal it's grounded to has been sanded/grinded down.

Set your headunit bass to 0/6, assuming it goes from -6 to 6. That is boosting by 6dB and is clipping, along with your bass boost settings you have a bad combo. Make sure your ground is tight and the metal it's grounded to has been sanded/grinded down.
alright will do and why would this be a bad combo?

alright will do and why would this be a bad combo?
Bass boosting creates clipping, which is a form of distortion. What happens with clipping is extra heat is generated because instead of a sine wave being smooth, it's more of a square wave. The wave itself stays maxes out for a longer period of time, and in that fraction of a second it generates more heat. This mainly is what hurts subs because the voice coil gets too hot and eventually the glue holding it together will melt. It can also hurt amps because the components amplifying the signal will also heat up as well.

sinewave-clipped.jpg

I had mine do this. Thought it was my amp till i tryed 2 others. Turned out the voice coil had a bad spot in it so every time i turned it past 15 it hit that part and sent any amp into protection. And it just went from bumpin everyday to burnt coil. Just a FYI //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif hope its an easy fix

do you know how much it would be to fix?
he is saying his subs caused the problem, not the amp.

I'm in no mood to help further, but taking an amp out of the box and jacking the h/u sub level to max and cranking the bass boost sound like a pretty good starting point for your issues. Since you seem quite up on things, tell us how many batteries, what guage of wire, and any other important information so we can try and figure this out.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.