optimusprime
10+ year member

roll out.
well actually it will have 9

two 1 inch tweets in dash

one 6.5 inch speaker in each door

two 8 inch speakers in the rear deck lid

one 12 inch sub in the trunk

my question is would it be a goo idea to use a 4 channel for the doors and run the tweets off the HU a mono for the sub and a 2 channel for the rear 8's? or would it be better to use a 4 channel instead of a 2 channel and mono block?

I'd get a set of comps for the front. Insert in oem locations for both mid/tweeter(Not sure if you meant a sep tweeter and a reg 2 way speaker in the door). Pick whatever rear 8's you want for the rear. For the f+r i'd just get a 4ch. Size of said amp depends on what kind of 8's you decide to go with. Then just get a mono amp for the sub. Depending on what sub you go with you could possibly just get a bigger 5ch.

You could always make 6.5 coaxils fit in the rear aswell.

My car had a similar setup with tweets in the dash, door speakers, and subs in the rear deck. I have everything running off a single 4ch amp now with passives on the front and the rear speakers replaced with IB subwoofers running off bridged channels. If I wanted a dedicated big sub in the trunk, I'd still use the 4ch for the interior speakers and use a 2ch/mono for only sub-use.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.