HOW DO I wire AN 8ohm realistic40-102 and a 4ohm Rockford fosgate S1-84 to a PLA2570?

The reason why you don't see people talking about wiring different coil configs together is because it's thermally dangerous.

The 4 ohm driver will receive more power than the 8 ohm driver will.

It will also be a fact that because of this, the 4ohm driver may be audibly dominant in the vehicle meaning the remainder of power being sent to the 8ohm driver may be a waste.

It can't be done without hurting the amp?
No the drivers... ohms is resistant so when one driver has less resistance then the other itll be getting more power then other there for hurting them when you try and push the 8 ohm speaker as hard as the 4 ohm... In a nutshell anyway

Oops.. sorry, i was using the wrong formula in my head...

Wiring both of these subs together will yield a DCR below 3ohm.

That means you must be wiring to an amp that is only stable at 4ohm!

So in short, yes it can hurt the amp if you continue this process.

I have it wired into the only place that will take speakers and its labled bridge, I wired each one what I thought was into the two seperate channels. It was red to the +and black to the-
Thats cuz in bridged mode that amp is only stable at 4 ohms... wiring at 3 like stated above will hurt your amp

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.