Facing subs forward in trunk car.

Participant count
  • Participant list

Jager
10+ year member

I have 2 12" audioques in a box that has subs facing back and port facing back running off 4000watt memphis mojo. What would you think the result would be if i faced subs and port foreward, and sealed it off from the trunk? I have a 99 olds intrigue

what are your goals?

It is very common for guys chasing numbers to do this. I have done it in a few cars for daily, I normally have to build a different enclosure then the one firing back to adjust for the difference in the cabin area/loading and blah blah blah..

Try and it and see what you think, it is not to hard to do really.

ya it will give a different sound than your use to, but since your reducing the cabin size and loss through the trunk... as mentioned by pro its done alot for what should be its improved output.

I actually faced them forward and ported through the rear deck with an aero port and it gets nasty in there! It's also nice too because there is no vibration from the trunk at all, I look less like a douche lol

what are your goals?
It is very common for guys chasing numbers to do this. I have done it in a few cars for daily, I normally have to build a different enclosure then the one firing back to adjust for the difference in the cabin area/loading and blah blah blah..

Like pro-rabbit said.. A decent amount of labor/adjustments will have to be made, however, the improvements of doing so will be rather satisfying!

I actually faced them forward and ported through the rear deck with an aero port and it gets nasty in there! It's also nice too because there is no vibration from the trunk at all, I look less like a douche lol
^Haha. That's good you got that all cleared up. Hey, that's another benefit!

what are your goals?

Like pro-rabbit said.. A decent amount of labor/adjustments will have to be made, however, the improvements of doing so will be rather satisfying!

^Haha. That's good you got that all cleared up. Hey, that's another benefit!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.