what do you all think about this?!??!?

05trailblazer
10+ year member

k33p groaning son :)
Dallas,TX
i have 4dvc subs i wired them down into series so it would give me 2ohms but when i checked them with my dmm they say 1ohm!! should i still run them evem though my amp is a 2 ohm stable?? i know its a noob question but idk if its safe both pair of subs say about 2ohms a pair

lol, you have all coils paralleled, and that comes to 1ohm..... 2ohms per. you have to series the coils instead, and then parallel, and you will have 4ohms

thats how i have them just like the link i posted bro

lol, you have all coils paralleled, and that comes to 1ohm..... 2ohms per. you have to series the coils instead, and then parallel, and you will have 4ohms

---------- Post added at 11:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:21 PM ----------

1500. kicker

What amp?

---------- Post added at 11:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:22 PM ----------

bro kome on for the price i;d took them

kicker 1500.1 

---------- Post added at 07:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:21 PM ----------

pioneer subs.... read the sig' date=' guys[/quote']

not if you are reading 1ohm..... check again. each sub should be + to one coil, and - to the other coil, and a jumper between the unused posts

---------- Post added at 07:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:23 PM ----------

should say either 2 ohm or 1/2 ohm
no, dual 4 coils= 2, or 8 ohms per sub

i did each sub say 3.9 both hooked up say 2.1 or 2.3

not if you are reading 1ohm..... check again. each sub should be + to one coil, and - to the other coil, and a jumper between the unused posts 

---------- Post added at 07:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:23 PM ----------

no, dual 4 coils= 2, or 8 ohms per sub

if u have 4 dual4ohm subs and u got a 1ohm load from them. I would start checking all the coils independently. U got a bad coil somewhere. But to answer the other question if u meant to get a 1ohm load and ur amp is only 2ohm stable after box rise, and all you will be very close to a real 2ohm load prob a good bit higher then 2ohm thus no more issue

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

05trailblazer

10+ year member
k33p groaning son :)
05trailblazer
Dallas,TX
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date