Need help finding out what the problem is with sound system.

Participant count
  • Participant list

dubstep009
10+ year member

NC
before you tell me im in the wrong thread and try to act smart and all that, try and be nice and let me know where exactly i should be posting this thread and i will gladly appreciate it. im new to this. thank you.

i have the following items in my car...

INFINITY 475A 4-CHANNEL AMP CAR STEREO AUDIO AMPLIFIER | eBay

PACKAGE: JL AUDIO 6.5" COMPONENT SPEAKERS+6 1/2" COAX | eBay

Kenwood KDC-MP642U iPod/USB/CD/MP3 In Dash Receiver | eBay

JL AUDIO 10W1v2 10" W1v2 4-Ohm SVC CAR SUB WOOFER W1 v2 | eBay

my sub and speakers are both bridged to my amplifier and its been working just fine like that. unfortunately for the past month I've been noticing a weird pop sound (like tic or when the vinyl disc was scratched or old and you hear the music but on the back ground you hear that noise) when I'm playing music from my iphone and its happening more frequently now. i try listening to the radio and i dont hear the tic sound, it only seems to do it when im playing music through my iphone. does anybody have any ideas to why this is happening? my speakers are fine because the sound quality hasnt changed at all if i put the volume all the way up or down.

have you tried a different ipod cable or oter device? i know from experience that the ipod connectors wear out pretty easily. my friend goes through at least 2 a year, and he lives with the noise untill the point it will no longer controll the iphone or stay connected. another thing could be the rcas or ground, but my money is on the cable. i would check the connections anyways, though. just curious- how exactly to you have the amp hooked to the speakers/sub? 3-way on the rears, or just a front stage on the front channels, and the rear bridged, or 4 mids hooked to one and the sub on the other, or 3-way rear? just curious.

I tried changing the USB cord for my iPhone and checked the ground to see if it was still in place but still I hear the sound as I'm typing. Actually I went through a whole song without the noise. But still do you have any other ideas to why the noise? And also my Kenwood head unit would turn itself off and back on when I try to go to the settings. Any help I'll appreciate it. Thank you

curious...

Are you listening to custom made songs through your iphone?

When i first started doing custom songs, i was new at it and when i would add bass lines, it would pop everytime the bass would change frequency.

Hook up a pair of headphones to your iphone and see if you still hear the pop.

It might be your source material.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.