Hertz or JL Subs

Workin for DBs
10+ year member

So I hadn't heard of Hertz/Audison until I went into a local shop asking if they carried Jl products and he said no because we carry Hertz/Audison. He said they were way better or at least in terms of SQ. I've read some things on Hertz saying they are top notch but JL is much more known. So which is better for a 10 or 12 inch sub? This would be in a 06 mustang. I'm considering getting either the Hertz HX 300 or a jl w6 or w7. I'm looking for good SQ not so much SPL. What do you think is better and any other recommendations?

it mostly depends on the model, however for both brands you will be spending some serious dough.......right now im using 2 13 w6s in my work car, and they sound great and are alot louder than i thought they would be, to compare it, there louder than my old 2 fi audio 15 bls, using the same amp.......but the main thing because i drive it so much is sq, the w6 is sounds awesome at all freq levels even when im giving more than the req rms.

I can only talk from experience when it comes to the old school JL w6's, I used to have two 15's and they sounded amazing. They can get a little loud, but mainly they just sounded amazingly clean and accurate.

Although I hear Hertz has some amazing SQ.

I've heard all of these subs and I can say you cant go wrong with the Hertz or the w6 for SQ. the w7 is more SQL.

If i had to choose, I'd probably go with the w6 may give a little more output than the Hertz....but then again that all depends on your box too

So it sounds like they are both good subs then which is good. I got a demo of the hertz at the place and he put on my music. He said since I listened to metal and rock and not just rap that Hertz is gonna be much more responsive and have a cleaner hit. And I must say I was impressed listening to one of my favorite metal songs, "six". It felt as if the guy was hitting the bass drums right there. Anyway I'm planning on having a custom built into my trunk in my Mustang...planning on making a sorta wall. Do you guys recommend one 12" or one 10" or 2 10s, or what? Thanks

Anyway I'm planning on having a custom built into my trunk in my Mustang...planning on making a sorta wall. Do you guys recommend one 12" or one 10" or 2 10s, or what? Thanks

I'd do either 1 12 or 2 10s for SQ. depending on budget and space.

---------- Post added at 01:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:12 PM ----------

Hi energy subwoofer over a w6 old or new version any day of the week.
w6 has a more transparent sound than the hi energy

both good choices, just try to work em down on the price if you can. you really cant go wrong either way. and as for 1 12, 2 10s, etc.. do you already have an amp? you could even do a pair of 8w7s for some great sq

Ok thanks for the help so much so far! But now I'm stressing cause the more I research the more lost I feel. I keep hearing that JL is overrated and overpriced...Hertz sounds pretty solid but pricey. People have recommended Sundown Audio, RE Audio, DC Audio and many others as alternatives because they say they are much better for much less dough. What do you guys think about these other companies? Sundown I've heard only great things about.

As far as my amp I have an Alpine mrp m1000 amp still in the box so I could return it if I needed to but I've heard good things about this amp so I think it is good.

Anyway this gonna be a lot of money cause the Hertz HX 300 and JL W6 are both about 400 so I wanna get this right.

Thanks

I got rid of the alpine amp and ordered my Sundown SAX 1200d amp which I was talking about in another thread but I'm still looking for a sub. I'm still considering the Hertz HX300 however the Jl w6 I'm leaning away from now. I'm also looking into an SA 12 however it seems more SQL oriented but I might be wrong ? Maybe the Digital Design 1500 sub. DC audio seems good but there are no dealers around me and they don't do internet (kinda weird lol). I am definitely leaning towards the SA 12 right now cause it is half the price of the hertz but input and suggestions would be greatly appreciated. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I got rid of the alpine amp and ordered my Sundown SAX 1200d amp which I was talking about in another thread but I'm still looking for a sub. I'm still considering the Hertz HX300 however the Jl w6 I'm leaning away from now. I'm also looking into an SA 12 however it seems more SQL oriented but I might be wrong ? Maybe the Digital Design 1500 sub. DC audio seems good but there are no dealers around me and they don't do internet (kinda weird lol). I am definitely leaning towards the SA 12 right now cause it is half the price of the hertz but input and suggestions would be greatly appreciated. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Not having a dealer is a good thing. You will get direct pricing. I would do two lvl 3 10s

My vote stands for the w6, if you want SQ. I run SA subs and as far as Sq, the w6 is hard to beat,period. I'm sure most people wont agree cuz its expensive, but if u made a thread comparing Hertz and JL obviously your pockets aren't too empty.

W6 ftw!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.