Selecting a passive crossover

Participant count
  • Participant list

AcidicDreams
10+ year member

I don't need one of these
Auburn WA
I have a set of DDC6.5's that are missing the mid crossover. I'm trying to find a cheap and easy way to put them to use. If I had more $$ I was willing to spend on this install I'd just get a better set of comps but it's what I have. I'd like to buy a set of passive crossovers but how do I go about selecting one? I don't have the crossover specs on the current set so I'm not really sure about how I'd find an appropriate crossover from another set... Does anyone have specs on the DDC6.5 crossover point or have any insight on how to find out using the tweet crossovers and say a DMM?

BTW: There are some Aura crossovers on ebay for 12.95 a piece.

Also since I'm on the subject of crossovers I've always wondered if a set of comps that take say 100wrms per side, does that mean both the tweet and the mid are seeing 100wrms each or does it get split somehow?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.