Changing dust cap on Fi BTL

Jager
10+ year member

I keep blowing the dustcap off of my btl. It is starting to pull the cone up. and it looks ugly. Can I get a larger diameter dustcap to cover where the old one went and where the cone started to peel, or will that make the sub sound different?

The BTL probably has a 6'' or smaller dustcap on it, so you can put an 8'' on it. Fixmyspeaker.com has them as do a few other companies. The sub should sound the same after the dustcap change.

Yea I wish I would have just used CA glue, but a lot of people on here recommended Goop... and it did a horrible job. The dustcap started coming of at a comp, and a guy there had ca glue and he fixed it for me, and the CA is holding strong, but the other half that was still help down by goop has pulled apart again. Ill take pics to show what im talking about, I just want a bigger dust cap to hide the peeling cone

Yea I wish I would have just used CA glue, but a lot of people on here recommended Goop... and it did a horrible job. The dustcap started coming of at a comp, and a guy there had ca glue and he fixed it for me, and the CA is holding strong, but the other half that was still help down by goop has pulled apart again. Ill take pics to show what im talking about, I just want a bigger dust cap to hide the peeling cone
You're donitrong. Goop > CA glue for dustcaps. There's a couple guys around here that do 160+ and that's all they use. I do a lot of recones and I've had far fewer fail that I used goop on.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.