am i close to blowing my speakers?

dubstep009
10+ year member

NC
today i noticed this weird pop sound coming from my speakers. its the first time ive heard this and im not sure what it is. does it mean that they are about to blow up or is it just bad wiring?

any help will be greatly appreciated

there you go.your in the right thread now... like I asked what is it coming from speaker,sub? do you have a amp? if just speakers are they ran from the deck? gotta know a lot more,the more info the better

alright thanks sorry im still gettting the hang of this. but alright i have a kenwood head unit, 2 tweeters, one amp running 4 speakers and a sub. im not sure exactly where its coming from but im going to mess with it tomorrow and try to figure it out. i hope i dont have to replace my speakers, i love them so much. what do you think?

alright if thats the case, is it possible to just replace the one or two speakers or do i need to take every speaker out.

My kenwood was making a snap crackle pop sort of sound too when i had installed tweeters. turns out, kenwoods are very sensitive to unbalanced impedance loads. if the tweeters are wired to the stereo's speaker outs, try unhooking them, and while the stereo is in standby mode, turn off the built in amplifier. its not needed for the preamps.

you could also check each speaker with a multimeter to see if the coils are in tact, and make sure that all speakers are in phase with eachother (positive and negative are where they belong, assuming they are single voice coil.)

I don't know without seeing it myself and knowing more but does sounds like you may have blow a speaker,
its impossible to say by what he has said so far.. you have no idea what kind of pop, how often, or when it happens..

alright if thats the case, is it possible to just replace the one or two speakers or do i need to take every speaker out.
not one at a time as they don't sell em like that but in pairs yes.. but not sure they are blown yet so lets figure this out

when is the popping happening..

constantly while playing music, randomly throughout music, when turning on/off the car?

what kind of popping is it? a single pop like a quick mic tap, real fast popping like someone dropped a mic?

frequency.. Is it a high frequency pop(almost like a crackle), or is it a low pop?

is it coming from multiple speakers or just one? is it coming from the speaker and tweeter in the sets or just one of them?

just a couple questions.. please answer them to help figure this out... I have a few more follow up questions and will ask them after you answer

its impossible to say by what he has said so far.. you have no idea what kind of pop, how often, or when it happens..

not one at a time as they don't sell em like that but in pairs yes.. but not sure they are blown yet so lets figure this out

when is the popping happening..

constantly while playing music, randomly throughout music, when turning on/off the car?

what kind of popping is it? a single pop like a quick mic tap, real fast popping like someone dropped a mic?

frequency.. Is it a high frequency pop(almost like a crackle), or is it a low pop?

is it coming from multiple speakers or just one? is it coming from the speaker and tweeter in the sets or just one of them?

just a couple questions.. please answer them to help figure this out... I have a few more follow up questions and will ask them after you answer
That's my assumption, and I said "MAY HAVE A BLOWN SPEAKER" hence that may doesn't mean 100% sure...

thank you. ok i just came inside from messing with my system and the popping sound happens just randomly really not even on high or low sounds it just happens but not constantly or when turning off/on the car. its a single pop like sound like you said, not a real fast popping sound. it gets lower and higher sometimes as the volume goes up. and im guessing its coming from the front speakers or tweeters according to my ears. i mean i dont know if its the speakers or my tweeters. hopefuly its my tweeters because i really dont want to replace my jl speakers. oh and also when i try to check my gains and stuff through my kenwood head unit it would turn it self off by just clicking on the button but i would still have my music playing from my iphone. i couldnt really get to the sound menu without it turning off by it self. if you need any more information let me know.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.