TW-25S Tweeters...worth buying?

Participant count
  • Participant list

focused313
10+ year member

Learning With Every Post
Michigan
I have a pair of Alpine Type S comps that I blew the tweeters on (I've been blowing tweets all my life) but never the mids. I realized that I've always had the HU EQ on +2 or more when it came to the highest frequencies, which caused every set to blow.

I recently came across these tweets for a great price (not the price shown on the link below), TW-25S

WoofersEtc.com - TW-25S - CDT Audio 1" AudioPhile Silk Dome Tweeters

I have an hifonics amp, rated for 150w rms x 2 @ 4 ohms, with the gain about 1/3rd of the way up, if that much.

Any other tweeters I see at the price I can get them are absolute crap, or appear to be, so I ask, are these worth buying, or should I just hold off and get a new comp set all together from the classified sections on a forum?

Thanks for your help.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.