in trying to see if i can squeeze three sa-15 into my trunk. I want 3 cubes a piece at 35hz. My trunks usable space is 44w x 25d x 25h. Its a 97 town car. if not how many cubes can i fit into this space.

headunit- kenwood kdc x889

front door- kenwood excelon 170's

rear door- alpine type s's

amp- coming soon

subs- coming soon

do the math....

Product Manager – Car Audio and Raw Speaker Drivers - Parts Express

partsexpress_logo_badge_color_on_white.png

LOL. you have the answer in your first post. use google and figure it out. :P

My entire system cost less than your dash kit BISH!!!

REFS: Nickatina , LouisianaCRX , ge_off_me , CHEMMINS , Chevyaddict83 , SuicideBobb , Bettr N' Revrse , Ejschultz , C_Nitty , BassAddictJ , taylorfade , spooney , tarantula lemur , brodiesel , akheathen , PHATBOi

you have the cubes but do not have the width.

3 - 15's would need a box at least 48" wide

you have the cubes but do not have the width.

3 - 15's would need a box at least 48" wide

not necessarily. He could position them in a v shape firing up and go port back.

REFS: Nickatina , LouisianaCRX , ge_off_me , CHEMMINS , Chevyaddict83 , SuicideBobb , Bettr N' Revrse , Ejschultz , C_Nitty , BassAddictJ , taylorfade , spooney , tarantula lemur , brodiesel , akheathen , PHATBOi

thanks. i see that i have about 15 cubes but i understand the part about the width because the 15s themselves would need about 45w

headunit- kenwood kdc x889

front door- kenwood excelon 170's

rear door- alpine type s's

amp- coming soon

subs- coming soon

better yet , since you havent bought subs yet. Why not 2 higher quality 18's. Its almost the identical amount of cone area , you wouldnt have problems with space , and it would be easier to get you impedance correct too because you wont be running a odd number of subs. And if you want my 2 cents i would check out the SSA XCON's.

Average cone area of three 15's is 2430 square CM , average cone area of two 18's is 2420 square CM. It's not enough to worry about honestly.

Link to dual 1 ohm 18" XCON-18 D1

Link to dual 2 ohm 18" XCON-18 D2

You can just stagger the subs to make them fit across the 45" width.

2,500+ designs since March 2011

You can just stagger the subs to make them fit across the 45" width.
i already mentioned that ram , then i realized there is almost no cone area difference to benefit from. LOL. But he may be aesthetically set on the wow factor of cramming 3 15's in there instead of the norm of a pair of 18's.

Well he can still do sub and port back, subs positioned in an arc with the port horizontally under the middle one.

2,500+ designs since March 2011

Well he can still do sub and port back, subs positioned in an arc with the port horizontally under the middle one.
See , this is why we keep you around here. RAM thinks of everything. It never dawned on me to do the configuration in my head like that.

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now