Zapco Customer Service = HORRIBLE

BlkonBlkFG
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
IL
Mods....didnt quite know where to put this. If you need to move it to another section please do. Thanks

I just wanted to inform everyone of the experience that I recently had with Zapco. About a year ago I purchased from an authorized dealer a DC1000.4 and a DC360.4. Over the past couple months I have had an issue where when I would turn my truck on an extremely loud horn/static type noise would come through the speakers. Well the 4th time this happened it blew my HAT L1 Pro SE tweeters. I contacted Zapco and spoke to a gentleman who said that Zapco was aware of this happening and that they were just able to duplicate the problem on the bench about a month and a half ago. The problem was that a part of the amp would start before the rest of it and it would emit that extremely loud horn/static noise. So right there they admitted that it was 100% the amplifiers fault and that there was a problem with it. The amps were taken out by my dealer and shipped out to them to be fixed. Well when my dealer spoke with them they said that they had a bill for me for the modifications that were done to the amps. HAHA yes, they wanted to charge me for their screw up on their amps that blew my tweeters!!! My dealer talked with them and they finally agreed to not charge me. Then comes the second part, where they completely denied paying for a new set of tweeters. Even though they already admitted that the flaw in their amplifier is exactly what blew my tweeters. I wanted to share this with everyone due to the fact that I am completely in Awe that a company of this caliber would not stand behind their equipment and make things right for a customer. I know that I personally will never deal with this company again and wanted everyone else to know in case they were considering purchasing Zapco products.

Thanks,

Josh

UPDATE

So i recently just got off of the phone with Shelly from Zapco. Wow, extremely rude and not wanting any part of helping me. She denied that it was even the amplifiers fault. She said it could of been anything in the stereo that did it. She said "what do you want, what do you want from me?" I told her all I wanted was my tweeters replaced. I asked her if that was unfair from her viewpoint. Finally after 15 min on the phone she said all she could do was ship me out a pair of their tweeters, model number "KT6.25" ?? I of course know nothing about them. I figured something was better then nothing, and I knew she was def not replacing the hybrids. She said she found hybrids on ebay for $150 and a whole three way set for $600. LOL. She was uneducated on car stereo equipment (including Zapco), rude, unhelpful, and could absolutely careless about the customer. Everything with her was like pulling teeth. Im certain that this company will be out of business in a very short time if this type of business keeps up. I'm so disgusted with how they run their operation. A once awesome company going right down the drain.

Last edited by a moderator:
Your right, its unfortunate that they don't know how to do proper business. The best part is that I didnt even talk badly about them. I simply informed everyone of my experience with them.

UPDATE

So i recently just got off of the phone with Shelly from Zapco. Wow, extremely rude and not wanting any part of helping me. She denied that it was even the amplifiers fault. She said it could of been anything in the stereo that did it. She said "what do you want, what do you want from me?" I told her all I wanted was my tweeters replaced. I asked her if that was unfair from her viewpoint. Finally after 15 min on the phone she said all she could do was ship me out a pair of their tweeters, model number "KT6.25" ?? I of course know nothing about them. I figured something was better then nothing, and I knew she was def not replacing the hybrids. She said she found hybrids on ebay for $150 and a whole three way set for $600. LOL. She was uneducated on car stereo equipment (including Zapco), rude, unhelpful, and could absolutely careless about the customer. Everything with her was like pulling teeth. Im certain that this company will be out of business in a very short time if this type of business keeps up. I'm so disgusted with how they run their operation. A once awesome company going right down the drain.

UPDATE

I can tell you that Zapco will be in business for years to come, With that said you got to understand that they deal with hundreds of people a day rude, nice ect ect and people trying to get free **** off their own mistakes. I am not saying what happend is your fault but look at it from their stand point as well. Now as far as customer service goes sure they could have handled it better but be thankful that you are getting something out of it.

I have never heard of this issue with the DC reference line I have owned a few never had an issue with any of them, maybe its a revision issue not an issue for all of the DC line of amplifiers, but hey at least they fixed it free of charge after you did some fighting on the phone with them, Most Car Audio companies would have straight told you to **** off and pay reguardless.

As far as the lady on the phone you talked to She is a CS rep and nothing more her knowledge of car audio is only what is put on the screen in front of her when she looks up a part number ect, and again at least you are getting something free out of them, yes they might not be your hybrid tweeters but its something, Have you talked to Scott at Hybrid and see if there is something maybe they can do for your tweets?

Always two sides to a story, not trying to **** on your cheereos but maybe they sensed your anger in your voice and or maybe you were rude as far as they were concerned?

Anyway good luck!

Lol. Imagine how much business they will lose because of this. Just lost 400$ of my business.
Says the guy running Audiopipe,lol.

---------- Post added at 12:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:53 PM ----------

I can tell you that Zapco will be in business for years to come, With that said you got to understand that they deal with hundreds of people a day rude, nice ect ect and people trying to get free **** off their own mistakes. I am not saying what happend is your fault but look at it from their stand point as well. Now as far as customer service goes sure they could have handled it better but be thankful that you are getting something out of it.
I have never heard of this issue with the DC reference line I have owned a few never had an issue with any of them, maybe its a revision issue not an issue for all of the DC line of amplifiers, but hey at least they fixed it free of charge after you did some fighting on the phone with them, Most Car Audio companies would have straight told you to **** off and pay reguardless.

As far as the lady on the phone you talked to She is a CS rep and nothing more her knowledge of car audio is only what is put on the screen in front of her when she looks up a part number ect, and again at least you are getting something free out of them, yes they might not be your hybrid tweeters but its something, Have you talked to Scott at Hybrid and see if there is something maybe they can do for your tweets?

Always two sides to a story, not trying to **** on your cheereos but maybe they sensed your anger in your voice and or maybe you were rude as far as they were concerned?

Anyway good luck!

Bingo

This is about par with many mobile electronics customer service departments. You have to come to expect this from them and if you by chance get a company that is willing to work with you then just be happy.

I'm not saying I am ok with how this was handled or how many other companies work(as many of you know my personal view points on this), but it seems to be how the majority of companies like to operate now.

With all that said, I have had my share of amazing rude customers when I worked for various manufactures. Some even jump right out with threatening to sue with no prior contact. So in the end it is not all that surprising that companies are a bit "harsh" at times.

I actually was very calm on the phone and strictly explained what had happened. I know that being rude will get you nowhere. From my understanding, this issue specifically happens with the 360.4 models. It is not a constant problem, but a random problem. It would happen once maybe every few months. This last time it happened I couldn't turn the power off quick enough and it ate the tweets. I am mildly happy that I am atleast getting something from them in compensation, don't get me wrong. I just didnt think denying that it was the amp that directly blew the speakers was the correct thing to do. Especially after them knowing that these amps can do this.

Says the guy with the overpriced, rebadged suburban that thinks its something special. Lulz.

Actually a build im working on in an 07 silverado the guy was wanting to go with a zapco reference 360.4..but he will be directed elsewhere now. Perhaps one of the old school alpine 4 channels ive been saving. Ofcourse im not an SQ ***, so i wouldnt consider it myself.
No just a normal ***, carry on now.

I'm pretty sure every warranty on every piece of mobile electronics ever does NOT cover damage to other compoenents in the system so them offering you their tweeters is really good.

Them attempting to charge you for fixing their design flaw is terrible. The new Zed amps had an issue with protect circuits in the very early stages of the run and he fixed them for free and covered return shipping (and also fixed the issue in all the amps after the problem was discovered).

You'd really think they'd fix a known issue for free though. Really this is the first time I've ever heard of problems with their amps and they've been making them for decades, so I doubt one dud amp in their lineup will sink their business.

Sorry you had a bad time with it though. A few of the smaller companies out there are MUCH more attentive to customer service (Zed, Sundown, Crescendo from my experience...possibly others)

What do you drive? I never said anything was special about my Escalade,i don't even drive it much,if anything it's a rebadged Tahoe,can you afford one,no? I didn't think so.
hey tough guy, i have yet to see or hear about you having a setup. do you even have one?

---------- Post added at 10:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:33 PM ----------

I heard that zapco is not doing to well right now and possibly going out of buisness....
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/popcorn.gif.32dd9e22fd77e77bc3c907062768fcd2.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.