Fusing question

Participant count
  • Participant list

Why So Cereal?
5,000+ posts

Invisible Cereal
Right now i have zero gauge going from hood battery to batcap 800 in trunk. the wire in hood is fused with a 300a fuse.

I plan on running a kicker zx1500.1 that calls for 150a of fusing. Do i need extra fusing in the trunk? or should i be fine with the 300a fuse in the hood?

In any direction. IE - that 0ga run to the rear battery should have a fuse before it gets to the rear battery. If not, then if something happens to the cable under the hood (after the front fuse), then you have a 0ga line being fed by the rear battery towards the front. Fire. Fire! Fire!! Yuck.

So two batteries = three fuses!

front battery - fuse - 0ga run - fuse - rear battery - fuse - amplifier(s)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.