My setup:

2 Kinetik HC2400's in the back

Shurican BT80 or BT60 under hood

2 strands of 0 gauge front to back

Big 3 done with 0 gauge

320A iraggi alternator

Soundstream xxx 18

2 Sundown SAZ2000D's

I am running these amps strapped at 1 Ohm.

Heres the problem...

I can charge the batteries to full, drive around bassing for 15-30 mins, then the amps will start a high pitched whine that gradually gets louder. Usually when I hear this, I pull over and pull the remotes out so I dont blow an amp, drive home and charge the batteries (they take about 45-2hours of charging on a 2 amp trickle charger to get fully charged again), then I can put the remotes back in and start bassing again.

Today for the first time one of the amps went into Protect mode, so I turned the car on/off again and the amps were doing the same whineing, so I pull the remote out and drove home.

First thing that comes to mind is maybe one of the batteries is dead.... I pulled each battery separately, and both kinetiks have never needed to be charged, while the front battery always needs to be charged when this happens. I used to have a stock battery under the hood, that I replaced with the shuriken because I thought this stock battery was the problem.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Right now I'm thinking one of the kinetiks is dead, even though it never needs to be charged...?

Thanks for the quick response.I will do this.

When I'm driving, voltage is anywhere from 13.2 to 14.4V, I have a voltmeter setup near my dash to watch this.
Due you have it wired to the amps ...High pitched sound is kind of a odd thing .feel free to shot me some contact info ..Ill walk you through some tests

Due you have it wired to the amps ...High pitched sound is kind of a odd thing .feel free to shot me some contact info ..Ill walk you through some tests
My friend tapped the voltage meter near the front somewhere, probably to the cigarette lighter

I PM'ed you contact info

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.