replaced head unit now my door speakers dont work!!!

Participant count
  • Participant list

heydes
10+ year member

i drive a 2000 nissan maxima with B.o.s.e (buy other stereo equipment)factory system installed. about six months ago i replaced my bose head unit with a clarion cz500. everything worked fine up until i decided to install a different head unit( pioneer 980-bt ) i remove the harness to wire it with my new hu then when i put it in the car and i turn it up..... no sound but subs in the back ground...i attempted to install my clarion back in still no sound from the speakers with the clarion either. i checked my radio and speaker fuses they are ok. and checked my harness adapter. the speakers connect via rcas on the adapter so i know everything was connected. any ideas about what happen?? plz plz help!!!!!!!!!!! riding with just bass is ok but gets old really quick.

Here are some ideas;

1) Bose amp is in two sections and the speaker amplifier is not powering on

2) Your new radios preamp voltage is to high and fried the inputs on the amp

3) Some how shorted the inputs to the amp with the rcas

4) Blew the fuse to the amp, one not labeled radio.

GL, let us know what you figure out.

i replaced the bose amp (still no sound) and i checked all my fuses. fuses are good. the new radios preamps are 5v compared to 4v so they could of fried something . how could i check the inputs on the amp? can a wire harness adapter fry? this *****... i am almost ready to rewire the car and install new speakers if i cant figure this out.. been at for a while now.

You did not connect the remote turn on lead to the car harness thus the amp is not turning on.

If this is not it, then take it some where to get fixed as talking through the remaining options would simply take way to long and only get aggravating for all parties during the duration.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.