What do you think?

But are they good subs to start me off with? I know nothing about Kicker subs. I'm replacing my (1) MTX Thunder 3000 with these because I was not happy with the sound quality or power from the MTX which I got from a friend.

---------- Post added at 09:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:37 AM ----------

an aq750 would power them quite nicely at 2 ohm.
but... whats your budget.
My budget for an amp is $200ish

if your wanting sound quality you got the wrong subs.
Avoid Kicker subs if you want sound quality.

What kind of box was the mtx in? I have played with the Road Thunders (older model w/red basket), Thunder 5500s, Thunder 6000s, Thunder 7500s and Thunder 9500s and sq was pretty decent on all of them except the road thunders.

Well the MTX 3000 was the cheapest of the MTX brand, and I had this one in a custom box built to spec and it just didnt hit hard nor sound even decent. I looked up the Kicker Comps that I bought and ppl are saying they hit fairly hard and sound good, and efficient... So idk. Obviously I dont have them installed yet but when I do, if I dont like them I can always upgrade. i'm fairly new to car audio and the only reason I got Kicker was because a friend suggested them and they were on sale lol.

They arent high end subs, and perhaps could have been money better spent. But you still have potential.

Put them in a good box and I am willing to bet my bottom dollar they will surprise you. Lucky for you, I just so happen to do enclosure designs //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Reddish Neck

10+ year member
TD's & Beer
Reddish Neck
Racine, WI
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date