JBC Subwoofer & Enclosure - Pictures!

Participant count
  • Participant list
So we finally made a box for my 10" JBC 500w Sub, it turned out very very well. I went with a 14" x 14" x 12" sealed box style. We tested it out on a small 150 watt surround sound system and it hit HARD. I wouldnt expect that out of a brand that's 15 years old and that nobody's ever heard of. With 400 watts going through it with my amp, it'll be hitting even harder. Here's the final product.

8ec985c6.jpg

The exterior is plasti-dip, which is a spray can rubber that when it dries you can remove it.

We tested it out on a small 150 watt surround sound system and it hit HARD. I wouldnt expect that out of a brand that's 15 years old and that nobody's ever heard of.
Older subs tend to be designed with more efficiency in mind. I wont get into all the details why, but Hoffman's Iron Law, and the availability of 'cheap watts' from China these days, pretty much explain it.

Glad you seem to be happy with the setup so far.

You not going to build that ported one?
No i didnt, i messaged you over chat and said thats for the design but i was going with a sealed enclosure. if you like i can still give you a dollar for your hard work. im sorry if i wasted your time at all man...

and yeah it actually hits really hard, even at 100 some watts. I'm excited for my RF amp to come in so i can see how beastly it can get.

and the guy i got the sub from (gf's dad) said he used it back in the day and he said it was better than any 12" or 15" sub he's owned from then on.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.