Participant count
  • Participant list
It's a JBC (just be cool) 10" 500watt dual voice coil sub. I got it for free from my girlfriend's dad who was a huge bass junkie back in the day. I know it's probably not good quality but it was free, and if it blows up, then oh well, I can get a new one. The sub came with no box or instruction manual, and has no serial, model numbers, or ohm ratings on it. If anyone can help me at all it would be great and maybe I can have enough information to start building myself an enclosure for it...

Here's some pictures...

Top:

64a5ba0c.jpg

Side + 1 of the voice coils:

9323ff7f.jpg

It has a big freakin magnet too. haha.

Not a terrible looking build for free....probably as good as half the stuff ppl buy at the big box stores. 1.5 to 2 ft cube sealed box....if you want to get crazy go 2 cube with 4" diameter port cut to 10 or 12 inches and see what that does.... you can always plug over the port if it doesn't perform well.

starting another thread in the same place your other thread is won't get you any quicker or different answers....

mods should delete one of these.....

---------- Post added at 10:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:59 PM ----------

what does it mean cut to 10 or 12 inches...
He means cut the length to 10-12inches for the port tune. He thinks you have a 12in sub and gave you recommendations based on that.

It's a JBC (just be cool) 10" 500watt dual voice coil sub. I got it for free from my girlfriend's dad who was a huge bass junkie back in the day. I know it's probably not good quality but it was free, and if it blows up, then oh well, I can get a new one. The sub came with no box or instruction manual, and has no serial, model numbers, or ohm ratings on it. If anyone can help me at all it would be great and maybe I can have enough information to start building myself an enclosure for it...

Here's some pictures...

Top:

64a5ba0c.jpg

Side + 1 of the voice coils:

9323ff7f.jpg

It has a big freakin magnet too. haha.
I managed to get my hands on two of these in a sealed ported box checked out the ohms with a multi meter they register at 4 ohms on the terminals on one side of the speakers and 8 ohms at the connection to plug into an amp... Not sure why or what kind of amp to get for these I have no idea what the rms rating on them are either. You figure out any other info on this please share.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.