Cadence A7Hc Diagnostic Light...

Participant count
  • Participant list

Trixter
10+ year member

Keepin it Simple
Hey guys...wow has it been awhile since I've been on here!

I have a Cadence A7Hc running a single Brahma 15 (gen 1) 2ohm DVC...so the amp is at 1ohm. I've had this set up for a long time and just yesterday the diagnostic light came on and no more sound. The diagnostic light and power light flash intermittently. Can anyone shed some light? Looking around to house to find my manual...but I'd thought I'd ask.

(And yes, I did a search)

Well, I finally got around to taking the amp apart and found the issue. There was a screw with a small brass/copper spacer that holds the board in the center of the amp...it goes form the board to the heatsink. The spacer is between the back side of the board and the heatsink. Well, some how the screw is mia but the spacer managed to get caught between a CAP terminal and a trace on the board. Once the spacer got hot enough it melted the plastic coating on the board and made contact with the trace and POOF!

So I guess the question now is can this be repaired?

img1066di.jpg'%20alt='img1066di.jpg'>

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Last edited by a moderator:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.