got a really good WTF question on my alpine 9813

cf2004
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Lima, OH
just got it fix at untied radio. issue was no pre-amp or internal amp audio output and the cd player did not take cds.

got it back and it worked. tested on my power supply.

hooked it up to the car, no pre amp audio output and it did not take in my cd.

took it back over to my power supply, it worked.

back to car, nothing. exchanged out for my 9886, and it worked.

WTF?

Does it even get power in the car?
yes

is that one of the v-drive headunits? if i remember correctly they suggest a 10g power wire to work properly
ture, but not using the internal amp, so the standard wiring harrness should be suffiecnt. that what i used to check it on my power supply

Check for voltage drop and make sure u have a good ground
checked

United radio is terrible for me
second thing i had fix through them. 1st on worked great. and this on kinda works.lol i mean, i dont think they are the problem. idk

keep um coming guys. thanks for your all's input

OP, I can tell you from years of experience in both electronics and car audio, and dozens of installs that you are doing something wrong //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

OP, I can tell you from years of experience in both electronics and car audio, and dozens of installs that you are doing something wrong //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif
lol so help me out.

i know it has to be me but

just odd that when i swap out the 9813( unplug the harrness from the 9813 and pluged it intp the 9886) that the 9886 worked.

just odd that when i swap out the 9813( unplug the harrness from the 9813 and pluged it intp the 9886) that the 9886 worked.
So do the two radios have the same pin-outs? I do NOT mean the same SHAPED plug, but are the pins on the two radios the same - pin 3 is power on them both, pin 4 is ground on them both, etc. Just because the plug shape is the same, does not mean the pin use is the same. I found that there are a few Alpine connectors, but was unable to successfully get a copy of the manual for either unit.

So do the two radios have the same pin-outs? I do NOT mean the same SHAPED plug, but are the pins on the two radios the same - pin 3 is power on them both, pin 4 is ground on them both, etc. Just because the plug shape is the same, does not mean the pin use is the same. I found that there are a few Alpine connectors, but was unable to successfully get a copy of the manual for either unit.
yes, they have the same pin connections. i double checked that before i swapped them out.

checked with both with the label on the decks.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

cf2004

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Elite
cf2004
Lima, OH
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date