I tried setting my amp with dmm and nothing!

mac208x
10+ year member

so yesterday i tried to set up my amp with dmm and i put in the 50hz cd in, turned bass etc off and put the dmm to the speaker terminals and didnt get any voltage! but when i connect the sub it pounds.

i had to get 50.9v from my calculation

1300 watts x 2ohms = 2600 squared is 50.9

is there something im doing wrong?

I meant yeah it was at the V, and square root of 2600 is 50.9
and sobe3yourself, maybe instead of coming to my thread and just saying really? you could shoot yourself in the head or actually help.....
come on bro dont start acting like that or nobodys going to help you and this threads going to turn into an arguement instead of help.

They do rated at 14.4 volts. Idk if this still applies, but Mike at Maxxsonics said a year or so ago that the Brutus loses about 20% of its power per 1 volt lost. They're power hogs as well from my own experience, as well as a few others.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.