Audiopipe 3000.1 vs sundown 1500.1

braves2921
10+ year member

Okay i already have the saz 1500.1 but have the chance to pick up the pipe 3000.1 ... I run 2 15 mtx 8500. The saz does just fine but I can get the audiopipe pretty cheap (200). Black model. I don't know much about these audiopipe amps except it seemed everyone was buying them cuz how cheap they are. So jw which I should go with. Thanks

audiopipe does power.. but dirty.. sundown does power + more and clean... you should go with the one you can afford the most easily and will power your system accurately. If you already have the sundown... buy the audiopipe and sell it for 240-250 to some moron and be done with it otherwise don't touch it altogether.

audiopipe does power.. but dirty..
Any amp can and will do dirty power when over driven. Have you thrown one of the audiopipes on an oscilloscope? This dirty power thing is getting old. I'm not saying I would ditch the sundown for the audiopipe as it is a well built amp but the audiopipe is definitely worth a try for 200 bucks. You might find you like it and if you don't you will definitely get your money back out of it.

I would stick with the sundown, they are very flexable and super solid. Personally I wouldn't by the AP and resell for $40-50 profit, as you don't know the am, and if it has issues you are the one selling the POS to someone else. 0.02

Any amp can and will do dirty power when over driven. Have you thrown one of the audiopipes on an oscilloscope? This dirty power thing is getting old. I'm not saying I would ditch the sundown for the audiopipe as it is a well built amp but the audiopipe is definitely worth a try for 200 bucks. You might find you like it and if you don't you will definitely get your money back out of it.
it is a term that is used when something is over rated in relation to what they will produce cleanly to what they are advertised as producing. So you need to get over that one buddy, it is a term that is here to stay. AP is "dutty" power.

owned 8 of the black ones.. sold 4 on this forum.. sorry to have upset you, hopefully you'll not lose sleep by me saying it again... the power quality isn't up to par with it's comparison of sundown. ... cheers.

owned 8 of the black ones.. sold 4 on this forum.. sorry to have upset you, hopefully you'll not lose sleep by me saying it again... the power quality isn't up to par with it's comparison of sundown. ... cheers.
Just because you have owned them doesnt mean you know shit about them. I am sure you have proof, other than your own nuthugging opinion, that the AP does NOT do rated power with a clean signal, right?

I'd rather have the ap than the sundown the sundown will produce more power in the end //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/violent.gif.ccf64f7a34b20886d220db2fbff36f3b.gif

Not upset one bit . The ap amps are great for people on a budget and do rated or close enough to rated to keep most people happy. They are no sundown by any means and I never said they were.

Just because you have owned them doesnt mean you know shit about them. I am sure you have proof, other than your own nuthugging opinion, that the AP does NOT do rated power with a clean signal, right?
? nuthuggery from me? hardly broski.. and i'm still trying to figure out where you're getting that as I don't recall grasping any nuts of ANY brand in a long while..lol AP does do rated.. clean however.. debatable... you jelly it sounds over... well i'm still not sure what, but i'm glad you got to express your emotions, maybe you should try the doing your girl in the butt thread there. Sad.

Not upset one bit . The ap amps are great for people on a budget and do rated or close enough to rated to keep most people happy. They are no sundown by any means and I never said they were.
alrighty? glad we cleared absolutely nothing up with this then... :-D

Ive yet to see a scope test on the ap, only a clamp test. The ap30001d is a hog, unless you have the batts and alt for it id run the saz

you PMS'in?

MJ the Sundown and AP are worlds apart, so you need to go sit down in the corner think about your bad attitude then come back and say sorry to my friend.

Now go!

MJ the Sundown and AP are worlds apart, so you need to go sit down in the corner think about your bad attitude then come back and say sorry to my friend.

Now go!

honestly, one of my biggest issues with the AP amps were how the boards were inside the amps, that and as maxima mentioned the current hogging is that near the MA hk series amps. Pity too, it's a good amp but i'd rather he run the saz since he already has it which seems to keep getting overlooked from people posting negatively.. toward me for not liking the AP as much as they it seems.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.