ipod connection

Those are not inputs, they are RCA outputs. You cannot use you iPod on this deck without an auxillary part. According to my research, in order to use you iPod, you will need:

* IP-Bus System Control

o XM Satellite Radio

o MCD Control

o TV Tuner Control

o Auxiliary Input (CD-RB10 or CD-RB20 required)

o 2 External Unit Control

Good luck finding that. Might be cheaper to buy a new radio than to buy the adapter.

I guess I'll just try to save for a new head unit. It ***** that I've spent money on a cable I can't use. Is there an explanation anyone can give as to why it works on just the rear speakers?

Thanks for the help

It's not "working" per se. You are "lucky?" and it is back-feeding, most likely due to a poor internal design.

I hope you didn't spend too much - that should be $5 at the most.

Well, no, i didnt spend much on the cable (monoprice.com is great), but still it was money spent. Anyhow, should i be looking for a head unit with a usb input, or will a 3.5mm input work as well?

I'd go 3.5mm jack to plug to the top of the iPhone. That's what I did, cuz if you use a iPod connection that plugs into the bottom and charges it as well, it gets some static sound. I have an iPhone and it's my main music source, when I have the 3.5mm plugged in and playing music, it sounds fine, when I plug in my charger, it gets some electrical interference noise. There's decks that have USB and 3.5mm built right into the front for under 100 bucks.

Just a get a new deck bro...easier and cheaper in the long run. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

I'd go 3.5mm jack to plug to the top of the iPhone. That's what I did, cuz if you use a iPod connection that plugs into the bottom and charges it as well, it gets some static sound. I have an iPhone and it's my main music source, when I have the 3.5mm plugged in and playing music, it sounds fine, when I plug in my charger, it gets some electrical interference noise. There's decks that have USB and 3.5mm built right into the front for under 100 bucks.
Something must be wrong with your deck/iphone cause I don't have any static sound when I use a USB cable.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.