Grand Prix Amp rack need some opinions

Participant count
  • Participant list

GrandPrixAlpine
10+ year member

Minnesota
In my grand prix's back seat the middle folds down and has an access door to the trunk, i generally have this open. Now i think it would be very clean to mount my amp back about 5in from that door and covered with plexi so it doesnt get damaged. With that being closed off am i going to loose some sound?

definately will losse output, your loading in the trunk. subs firing towards the tailights, your next option would be to open up some space on the rear deck. cut out extra metal so you have more air transfer.

i dont think you will hear a difference, but maybe on a meter -.2 db maybe? the farther away from the opening the less you will lose

well the back seats just mount to a metal frame so the air transfer just has to go through cloth and foam. the opening is like a foot wide and 20in tall. so its not huge.

I've messed with it before and I can hardly tell the difference, plus you hear less treble from any rattles with them up.

Seeing as how I have a GP too it's gotta be pretty similar.

If anything, down the road just amp your front stage and remove your 6x9s for some air flow.

I've messed with it before and I can hardly tell the difference, plus you hear less treble from any rattles with them up.
Seeing as how I have a GP too it's gotta be pretty similar.

If anything, down the road just amp your front stage and remove your 6x9s for some air flow.
Id take the 6x9s out but i cant get the d am cover off and its driving me nuts....need more money before i amp the frontstage cause im still running stock speakers.

---------- Post added at 11:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:44 PM ----------

the trunk rattle with my gp is terrible with one ten!

Oh I know those ****** plastic mounts are terrible...

Yeah same as mine, my SA-12 kills my trunk, I did damplifier in my old car but can't afford to do my whole trunk again yet..

I'm pretty sure it's the spoiler that does it, the whole thing pressing against the trunk. I checked one time and 3 of the 4 nuts were sitting on the floor of my trunk.

Oh I know those ****** plastic mounts are terrible...
Yeah same as mine, my SA-12 kills my trunk, I did damplifier in my old car but can't afford to do my whole trunk again yet..

I'm pretty sure it's the spoiler that does it, the whole thing pressing against the trunk. I checked one time and 3 of the 4 nuts were sitting on the floor of my trunk.
haha at one time i had a type R and X 12s in the trunk and it would blow the seals out. it was terrible. i know its the spoiler on mine. this is a beater car i bought for a hundred bucks so its nothing cherry

Yeah I wish mine was, I paid for my '04 in cash and all the bass is killing all the little things in it, I used to have 2 SA-12s pushing 1600rms.. Rattles started coming from everything after that //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/pissed.gif.9f665f96bc89e98e708dabd4580bb591.gif

Yeah I wish mine was, I paid for my '04 in cash and all the bass is killing all the little things in it, I used to have 2 SA-12s pushing 1600rms.. Rattles started coming from everything after that //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/pissed.gif.9f665f96bc89e98e708dabd4580bb591.gif
haha i have rattle even without bass. get to around 85mph and you cant stand how bad it shakes...shook my stereo out of the dash in a mile.

haha i have rattle even without bass. get to around 85mph and you cant stand how bad it shakes...shook my stereo out of the dash in a mile.
Maybe you should actually install it haha, I topped mine out at 145 given its a little newer, but I hit a deer a couple months ago with only PLPD $@%^...

Now I can't go over 80 without my hood coming unlatched.. It doesn't look very bad but its just not aerodynamic anymore

i bought the stereo used so it didnt come with all brackets so it just sits in the frame...im going to come out by you, i want to hit a deer so i can buy the monte carlo i want!

i bought the stereo used so it didnt come with all brackets so it just sits in the frame...im going to come out by you, i want to hit a deer so i can buy the monte carlo i want!
Just leave from my driveway on any given day and you'll see at least 5 for the first mile.. my neighbors feed them which is illegal here too.. especially in town..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.