WOW found an US Amps 100hc ULTRA!

Back when they didn't just underrate amps, they flat out LIED

I%20lied.jpg

Hey Folks //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/suave.gif.858fc102f7646e678ee8af7e1fbc41d1.gif Yeh, I purchased the AMP off ebay yesterday. Its is extreemly rare old skool power. Now, the question, What the Hell am I going to do with it? I was thinking about going with RE XXX or Ground Zero subs? Im not that far yet in to my build, but I have a good start. I was even considering just storing storing it as a show peice. Maybe put it in a custom plexyglass case, and using for a coffee table..Blahhhhhhh

If anybody has any addtion spec's or info on this AMP please be so kind as to post it...

Thanks in advance, and nice site guys

XTC

Attached Original Advertisement

That has to be the best add for an amp I've ever seen. LOL

Me personally, it looks to be in near mint condition, I'd wall art it or as you said, custom coffee table.

Ok, fellas, Here’s what I was able to track done on this “ULTRA” animal, as there is little info on the net. I was actually trying to find the original owners manual on the net. I couldn’t find it, so I called “Greg” at US AMPLIFIERS (626) 833-2177. Greg told me there is NO USER MANUAL!!!

Greg told me the “ULTRA” was produced from 2003-2004 and ONLY 50 WERE EVER MADE!!!!! This is a TRUE COLLECTORS AMPLIFIER and a HUGE part of the hobbies history.

Here’s the deal, straight from “Greg” at US AMP.

4- 8 gauge VCC lines

4-8 gauge Grn wires

400-600 amp min. input

2 channel amp x 50W per

1/2 OHM Stable

Actual Total Wattage is unknown. Estimated 6000W

It is actually 1 amp with 2 power supplies. IT IS NOT 2 AMPS!!!! Although it has 2 boards, and both have their own power supplies, one is the positive rail, and the other is the negative rail. The AMP is actually considered “A/B Full RANGE”. The Amp has a HIGH dampening factor, hence making it produce “High Sound Quality”. Most used this amp for competition in the SPL category as a cheater amp.

Greg competed with one of these 100HC “ULTRA’s” years ago and ended up selling his in “FAIR” condition. He ended up getting $1500 for his “ULTRA” many years back, due to its “Ok” condition. The original cost of the amp was over $2000.The one I purchased is probably a 9 out of 10, as far as condition, and never used or abused. As stated in the ebay add, it was a “closet queen”

Probably going to put it back on ebay to sell as its wayyyy to much power for what I need…Before I do that, I will be attaching pics here in the near future, so please check back to this thread

Regards,

XTC

Last edited by a moderator:
Such a cool amp! Overbuilt, semi-oldschool (2000's isn't old to me) and just beastly power. Not many amps are 1/4 ohm stable these days.

If you end up relisting it, I would start it at $800 with a high buy it now..

how can this amp be wired down to half an ohm, when its rated at 50~100 at 4?lol i dont get it.

That's the magic of old school underrated "cheater" amps. That amp is "rated" to do 50 watts x 2 into 4 ohms but it probably makes over 500 watts per channel into 4 ohms.

Hey Folks //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/suave.gif.858fc102f7646e678ee8af7e1fbc41d1.gif Yeh, I purchased the AMP off ebay yesterday. Its is extreemly rare old skool power. Now, the question, What the Hell am I going to do with it? I was thinking about going with RE XXX or Ground Zero subs? Im not that far yet in to my build, but I have a good start. I was even considering just storing storing it as a show peice. Maybe put it in a custom plexyglass case, and using for a coffee table..Blahhhhhhh
If anybody has any addtion spec's or info on this AMP please be so kind as to post it...

Thanks in advance, and nice site guys

To be honest if I were you I'd turn around and sell that amp on here or caraudioclassifieds for at least $300 more than what you paid for. That amp belongs in a museum or mounted on the wall like art. There are amps that makes more power these days but they'll never have the history and the heritage like this amp.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.