Going to be working with deadener for the first time tonight

TheUnderFighter
10+ year member

Beer Addict
give me some tips and tricks. I got 25sq ft of AT 60mil. I'm going for the trunk/ trunk lid area. I figured I'd post this up before work and hopefully have some help by the time I got home. I got a roller with it, and I've been told to wipe the area with rubbing alcohol first. What else should I know? If/where to layer? Placement configurations? What? Help me out please:)

I like to cut mine into 6x12 pieces so I can positionit easier as well as make it contour better. A hair dryer also works to soften it up and make it more bendable. One thing to watch for is the edges I like to use my hands to push Down corners and u don't want to slip and run ur finger into the edge of another sheet. Get bloody fast. On the other hand u can flip it over and use the rubber backing as a bandaid works awesome

So working with gloves is a good idea. And cutting into more workable pieces makes sense. Luckily I'm in California, so it's HOT, which keeps it pretty soft. Though I'm waiting to apply till night fall, as I fear it is too soft during the day. As I said I do have a roller with it. What do you mean by "pre-cut holes for mounting clips"? Do you meant clips you stick on the door to hold wires? And you cut the hole in the deadener?

You dont need to cover the full panel. Just a good quarter of it in the center, otherwise youre wasting it.

It depends on what your goals are I believe. I really here the SQ guys saying only do 25-50% or whatever the ratio is, but I do the whole panel. I may be incorrect, but it sure as hell works that way.

That's what I've been hearing. And while I'm sure full coverage can only improve results... is the gain really worth 2 or 3 times the cost as it is for 25-50% coverage? Cus as a college student on a tight budget, I'm betting it's not a huge difference. Though I'll never know till it's done. I used a little under half of my 25sq ft roll for my trunk lid, the rest is going to be used on the rear deck and the spare tire wheel well.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.