need help with sub sound!!

Participant count
  • Participant list

BacksideUSA
10+ year member

ok, i'll try and make this short... i recently bought a new system and just completed installing it. the subs are loud, but don't sound like i expected them to, especially at lower volumes. i have a kicker zx750.1 mono amp pushing 2 10" kicker cvt's in a sealed box under the back seat of my silverado. i think i might know the problem, but i'd like to hear some opinions. the cvt's are 2-ohm subs, so the only way i could wire them was in series, creating a 4-ohm load. According to my amp manual, the amp is only pushing 375W x 1 at a 4-ohm load.

So, if i get the 4-ohm cvt's, and wire them in parallel, to create a 2-ohm load, will that make the difference that i'm looking for?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.